OEM version of Win7

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Beowulf, Dec 11, 2011.

1. Beowulf

Beowulf MDL Member

Aug 31, 2009
    hello folks, i want to download an oem version of Win7 which has the docking feature, like the one when a user has when installing Rocket dock in winxp.
    But in this copy of Win7 it is inbuilt feature, hope someone has understood, i know clearly their was a thread here, but i didn't follow it , it was a long time back.

I want the hashes and the links.

Please anyone.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. tcntad

tcntad MDL Guru

Oct 26, 2009
    There are no "real" OEM/Retail versions.. Download a copy and activate with Windows Loader or your own oemkey and it is OEM.

There are no built in features like that except for windows sidebar, but not even that is a dockingbar. You can place them whereever you want on your desktop.

3. Beowulf

Beowulf MDL Member

Aug 31, 2009
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
    What is the brand of the lappy??

5. Beowulf

Beowulf MDL Member

Aug 31, 2009
    i have backed uped his certificates and ids, his brand of Laptop is DELL.

6. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
  7. stayboogy

stayboogy MDL Addicted

May 1, 2011
    @ Beowulf, what you are calling an "inbuilt feature" is nothing more than something that Dell installed after they created their image that they use to mass install. all an OEM does is standardize a regular windows 7 install with certain programs and utilities after the fact, then remake the image with those things included. there is no such thing as a Windows 7 version that comes with those things, not unless you get the disc from the manufacturer, and these days they either 1) don't make them and expect you to make your own when you first use your machine for the first time, or 2) only give you a restore disc that only reinstalls windows without the crapware they load with it. plain and simple. all an OEM does is use sysprep just like anyone else can to standardize Windows 7 images

8. Isotonik

Isotonik MDL Novice

Oct 26, 2010
    This is a pretty interesting subject, so I have a question of these OEM-versions of installation medias.

I have a set of original optical media provided by DELL. These are used to install Windows XP, Windows Vista and both 32-bit and 64-bit versions of Windows 7 Professional.

These disks are "pure" Windows installation disks (ie. no backup images of any kind), ie. they all go through the "normal" installation routine of Windows, including Windows 7. When using a Dell machine, XP and and Vista are activated instantly even if there should be any network connectivity (haven't tried Windows 7 yet).

Am I correct that these disks could be used to install a Dell-branded OEM Windows 7 to any computer if it should have an appropriate BIOS patch (say Dell patch for a specific ASUS motherboard). Sorry if I could not formulate the question in a more sophisticated way...thanx for any input. :)

The DVD has a text: Use this DVD only to reinstall the operating system on Dell PC.

9. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007