Off 2007 or 2010 for new user question...

Discussion in 'Microsoft Office' started by sadsack, Jan 25, 2012.

1. sadsack

sadsack MDL Member

Dec 8, 2007
    Hi all,

I have been requested by the mo in law, that she would like to have off installed, and I wondered if you guys have any preferences as to what would be the best to install, I think she is only looking for outlook, access, excel, word, and possibly onenote.

Which of these would be the easiest to get a proper activation, .i.e. would the version need to be a VL edition?
    and Are there any particular good or bad acti variants that i could use.
    I already have trilo 4.2, and 2010 toolkt & acti, and also the channel switcher, but I believe these are only for 2010.

If she prefers 2007 is there anything available to allow clean acti.

Thanks chaps for any ideas or information, all help would be much appreciated.

sadsack

p.s. spelling mistakes are on purpose.

2. sadsack

sadsack MDL Member

Dec 8, 2007
    #3 sadsack, Jan 25, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 25, 2012
    (OP)
    Thanks for the link and the reply Paiva,

I have sent some link of images to my "mo in law" to see what she thinks and it was then that i realized that there's hardly any difference between the two.

But from what I can remember they have win7 64bit, pre-installed when brought, so I may make sure that they have made there recovery disc's just in case.
    (Just to cover my own back)
    And take some software to backup email address and passwords and anything else in case anything goes wrong.

sadsack

p.s.
    Looking forward to your v 3.9.2 as I have been using RecoverykeysUSB.

3. Paiva

Paiva MDL Developer

Apr 9, 2011
    The Windows Expert Tool version 3.9.1 is working well and is current.
    It works via USB;
    I expect some updates 'tools recovery' before going to v3.9.2. ;)

Good luck.
    Regards,

4. sadsack

sadsack MDL Member

Dec 8, 2007
    I have to admit i did unpack one file, as i noticed it was packed with UPX, the file "WebBrowserPassView.exe" really sends viri checker mad. I did a virustotal test on it and was surprised at the amount of antiviri that thought the unpacked ver was still viri.

But I see on there website that they mention about that one particular file showing heuristics of viri and that there's nothing to worry about.

what's your timescale on 3.9.2 like ?? are we talking a few weeks or a month or two?

all the best
    sadsack

5. Paiva

Paiva MDL Developer

Apr 9, 2011
    UPX Tool used to reduce size. ;)

I hope to launch the next version soon.

But I want to add some updated tool.

I'll wait until 30/01/2012.

Regards,