Office 2007 Blue Edition - Change the install directory

Discussion in 'Application Software' started by RCOO, Jan 15, 2009.

1. RCOO

RCOO MDL Senior Member

Jan 15, 2009
    I got myself an asus Eee PC. It's very limited in a matter of HD space so i would like to install Office 2007 on the memory card. However the blue edition won't allow the custom install, which lets people decide where to install. I was wondering if there is anyway that you can make the Office install in another place besides the main HD.

PS: If there is a way to select the applications inside office you want to install aswell, please let me know!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. HMonk

HMonk MDL Addicted

Nov 3, 2008
    Blue . . .

MS Blue editions are for the private use of manufacturers/programmers and auto installs and runs without key or activation. As you note, the installer autoruns giving you no options - by design. Because it is so simple and foolproof to run, I have never seen any hacks/cracks, etc. simply because they are not needed to effect a fully functional, activated prog that can be updated.

You will see many sites (Torrents, RapidShare, etc.) that offer a "cracked" fully downloadable prog but that is nonsense. If it is a genuine Blue edition, there is nothing to crack!

Can you dissect the installer and effect drive/directory installation options? I have never seen that and my guess is that the installer is designed to install the prog in the root - period.

Monk

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. RCOO

RCOO MDL Senior Member

Jan 15, 2009
    That's not what i wanted to hear =P

4. HMonk

HMonk MDL Addicted

Nov 3, 2008
    #4 HMonk, Jan 16, 2009
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2009
  5. über freed

über freed MDL Novice

Mar 14, 2009
    #5 über freed, Mar 14, 2009
    Last edited: Mar 14, 2009
    hi,
    if you want to change the install directory or other options you need to call the setup from command promt
    change to cd drive and then type: setup /?

this will pop up a window with all the possible options
    try:
    setup /admin

this is possible what you need

6. HMonk

HMonk MDL Addicted

Nov 3, 2008