office 2007 installation

Discussion in 'Application Software' started by Love, Jun 17, 2008.

1. Love

Love MDL Novice

Jun 17, 2008
    how to install the evaluation version of Ms Office 2007 without being asking later to register, pls if anyone could help, will be grateful to you. Thks very much.

2. Love

Love MDL Novice

Jun 17, 2008
    pls waiting for anyone to answer.

3. reginakampher

reginakampher MDL Addicted

Apr 5, 2008
    A little late but, better late than never.

If you like, there are known activation hacks for the Office Enterprise 2007 edition. Let me know, I will publish them if you are still interested.

4. usco1966

usco1966 MDL Novice

Jul 4, 2008
    I have done the deletion of the ProductID and DigitalID in the registry of where my Office 2007 Pro is located, as well as edit the line in the Proof.XML to show "neverInstalled " in the setup XmFile file string

<Feature Id="SetupXmlFiles" Cost="1248">
    <OptionRef Id="neverInstalled"/>
    </Feature>
    And it still doe not work...

any other suggetions? I reinstalled the App and did not input a key code this time, the reg keys (ProductID and DigitalID) are still not there and to edit the new XmFile to show "neverInstalled", does no good. I even tried to edit the registry string in the XmFile to show the Sub Registration key in MY registry:

Original String in my XmFile:

Type="MSI" Path="Proof.MSI" Version="1.0" ProductCode="{90120000-001F-0409-0000-0000000FF1CE}"

The path to MY Office product in my reg is:

{91120000-0014-0000-0000-0000000FF1CE}

So I thought I would try to edit this to see if it would point to the correct reg key....no dice.

Help... Please?

5. joannecalf@yahoo.com

Nov 1, 2008
    mine is the same problem, still hoping that someone knows the anwser to enable us to have full access to modify the xml file..... if i find out I'll let you know...

6. alex_voyager

alex_voyager MDL Junior Member

Oct 30, 2007
    #6 alex_voyager, Nov 1, 2008
    Last edited: Dec 19, 2008
    The xml method don't work: it disabled only the registration windows...not the trial counter. You need the trial patch and you must use a not genuine and not trial serial.

Link_removed

This xxxx patches mso.dll to permits phone registration with an activated serial.

7. 304rene

304rene MDL Novice

Oct 14, 2008
    #7 304rene, Nov 1, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 2, 2008
    Microsoft.Office.AIO.2007.SP1.Integrated-STEALTH

this was just posted on the net today, i used the old crack before and that worked so now ima try this.

8. joannecalf@yahoo.com

Nov 1, 2008
    #8 joannecalf@yahoo.com, Nov 1, 2008
    hmmm

I'm sorry I'm just not a computer whizz, I downloaded the once advised:
    but the thing is I really don't have a clue on how to use it.... it asks me which file to put it in, so I chose word, next question for file conversion I chose windows - but eventually I tried to go back into word and still asks me for a product key.... not too sure what I am doing right or wrong - the site says phone activation (what is this?)- am I supposed to call someone - sorry if I sound daft but still stuck.. my system is vista and my office was built in - giving 28 times to operate office without product key - now I have about 8...
    damselle in distress.....

I managed to eventually figure out I needed RAR thing - so I downloaded one managed and to get the patch - trouble is in word when I try the code the program gives, it tells me its invalid - bugger

I also tried the stealth one that 304rene suggested but it doesn't work either..... so still stuck....

9. 304rene

304rene MDL Novice

Oct 14, 2008
    #9 304rene, Nov 1, 2008
    download what i linked to in my previous post :p totally reinstall ure office07 from that torrent and everything will b fine

10. joannecalf@yahoo.com

Nov 1, 2008
    , my pc wouldn't run the program from the stealth link as it said it was hazardous, think I'm just gonna give up - cause I don't know what a torrent is - I can use pc's but these technicalities are beyond me. Thank you so much for trying to help me.

11. HMonk

HMonk MDL Addicted

Nov 3, 2008
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  12. datcat

datcat MDL Member

Sep 10, 2008
    #12 datcat, Nov 3, 2008
    Last edited: Nov 3, 2008
    Your OS needs to have a clean registry for HMonk's kind reply to work. (in case your prior attempts messed things up)

Try HMonk's advice first. If it works, fine!

if it doesn't work:
    -use a registry cleaner
    -use a saved image backup

if none of above exist:
    -reinstall and update windows
    -backup your stable updated windows
    -follow HMonk's advice once again!

13. HMonk

HMonk MDL Addicted

Nov 3, 2008
    Office Pro 2007

Datcat alludes to an excellent point that warrants emphasis.

Whenever I set out to "tweak" progs or my OS to convince a prog to run, I first do an image backup of my OS drive. So that these do not get unwieldy, I partition one of my drives to create a small (40 gig) OS primary partition. The ONLY thing that I put on that partition is the OS and all programs.

I run a dual boot system on two large capacity HDDs. I create two primary partitions on the master: the boot partition (C) which also contains the Win2000 OS, and, on my system, and an E partition on which I store backups and image files. On the second drive, I also create two primary partitions: a D partition on which I place the XP OS and all program files, and an F partition, on which I store everything else (MP3s, pics, docs, etc).

This serves me in two ways. If you are familiar with Win2000, you already know it is quite stable, especially compared to XP which is a BSOD magnet!! If I run into XP (or Vista) problems, I can attempt to effect repairs by booting to Win2000 from which I can run Scandisk, e.g., on and perform other "corrections." More importantly to me, the boot.ini on C is the only thing that can potentially effect what D does. In other words if my D drive goes kaput because of my tweaks and, if I faithfully create image backups, I can boot to C and restore D flawlessly. That's a good thing.

I do not have any experience with attempting to reinstall the Office Pro 2007 trial using the "fix" I provided so I cannot comment on Datcat's suggestion that it will not work on reinstalls - but that is quite possible depending on how and where MS tweaks the registry to foil such attempts.

One more thing, if you do not have a good image backup prog (Acronis is very good and inexpensive - $30-35 on the street) get one. But, if you have either a Seagate or Maxtor HDD, you can go to Seagate and DL their "DiscWizard." Whatever else DiscWizard does, it has an image backup and restore component that is built on the Acronis platform - and its free! It seems to me that, in the case that Datcat describes (needing an OS without a prior installation attempt), the imaging process that I use would serve very well.

Just a thought.

Monk

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  14. datcat

datcat MDL Member

Sep 10, 2008
    #14 datcat, Nov 3, 2008
    Last edited: Nov 3, 2008
    Correction, what I meant was:
    In case your prior attempts messed things up, Your OS probably needs to have a clean registry, for HMonk's kind reply to work.

My experience is that the registry get cluttered very fast. So it is better to be on the safe side using a fresh image-backup. Reg-cleaners are better than nothing, but for sure not the same as a 100% authentic image-backup.

Well, this is what happens when english is not your mother tounge...sorry

This was new to me. Good info, coming in handy, when you want to help other people!

@HMonk: Interesting setup, by the way... Until recently my wxp-setup was: 10/2/2/rest/35 GB. Now, since I installed some heavy apps it is: 14/2/2/rest/35 GB. I use 1primary and 4logical partitions for wxp on drive0. I try to keep %systemdrive% small and allocate 2GB swap, 2GB TEMP and in the rest I put "large Suites Program Files" & "Documents" etc.
    I will diversify further and give "large Suites Program Files" & "Documents" their own partitions aswell. My winpartitions more and more look like Linuxpartitions... My Linux Ubuntu-setup is: 112MB/1/2/1/60/6/1/1/4 GB. I use 1primary and 8logical partitions for Linux Ubuntu on drive1.

15. emulex

emulex MDL Novice

Nov 2, 2008
    just run your o2k7 in a vmware machine you can re install the trials forever if you try hard enough :)

or never upgrade if you keep your office apps in a contained machine with limited priviledges

16. HMonk

HMonk MDL Addicted

Nov 3, 2008
  17. joannecalf@yahoo.com

Nov 1, 2008

Errr what is an o2k7???and what VMware??

18. datcat

datcat MDL Member

Sep 10, 2008
    office2007

VMware virtualization software, (rather advanced if you dont mind, but very good)

google if you have time...

19. joannecalf@yahoo.com

Nov 1, 2008