Office 2007 & OEM Activation

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by Diatomacious, Nov 8, 2008.

1. Diatomacious

Diatomacious MDL Novice

Oct 1, 2008
    #1 Diatomacious, Nov 8, 2008
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2008
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. emulex

emulex MDL Novice

Nov 2, 2008
    bios lock versions have been around for a while. is that key actually valid or one time use?

3. Diatomacious

Diatomacious MDL Novice

Oct 1, 2008
    Valid I suppose. It's all over the web and still activates in my VMware with HP OEM install.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Diatomacious

Diatomacious MDL Novice

Oct 1, 2008
    Bump... added link

If anyone can verify with HP OEM install (I used XP) lemme know!

...or am I just crazy? :confused:

5. motofreak75

motofreak75 MDL Novice

Mar 11, 2008
    #5 motofreak75, Nov 11, 2008
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2008
    Okay

I converted my bios from Asus to HP, reinstall a HP cert and used a HP key. Installed the Office using the your link. and CDkey you posted and did not ask for actvation !

sweet thanks

Using P5Q Deluxe with Vista x64 sp1

edit: spoke to soon, it states the Key used is maxed out on installs. Its no good.

6. shay_g

shay_g MDL Member

Apr 10, 2008
    so this is not an 'slp' key?!!

7. consume

consume MDL Member

Nov 12, 2008
    The key worked for me.

8. motofreak75

motofreak75 MDL Novice

Mar 11, 2008
    what are you using XP or Vista ? and it activated ?

9. Diatomacious

Diatomacious MDL Novice

Oct 1, 2008
    Maybe it's because of Vista, I'll have to give an HP setup using Vista in a virtual environment a try (I'll try both x86/x64)... it works fine in XP I know for sure.

10. Diatomacious

Diatomacious MDL Novice

Oct 1, 2008
    What operating system and what kind of computer... also which OEM install?

BTW enjoy!

11. motofreak75

motofreak75 MDL Novice

Mar 11, 2008
    So far, I can get Office 2007 to work in a XP sp3 image. But using my P5Q MB with HP bios I can't , I can get XP working with HP OEM files but not the office?.

And since I'm a bit new to the whole OEM activation game. The only thing that I can see difference is my version of the HP vmware bios has the DMI manufacture string "Hewlett-Packard" and my P5Q bios doesn't , yet I can still install a HP oem version of XP with no issues.

or someone used the key when when it was valid to a vmware image and MS has kept that machine info. that could be possible ?

thanks Moto

12. Diatomacious

Diatomacious MDL Novice

Oct 1, 2008
    That must be what happened... which version of VMware do you use, mines 6.5.0 build 118166. If it was activated by someone with Microsoft using VMware that might explain it (assuming that all virtualized installations using VMware report identical machine results)

Also, does your P5Q use the same OEM files as VMware for XP installation or do you use separate installation disks?

13. motofreak75

motofreak75 MDL Novice

Mar 11, 2008

Yeah I used the same HP OEM files & inserted them into a sp3 iso, And for home use, I am running a VMware server 2.0 & I am still using virtual hardware version 4 on my images (so I can use vmware HP bios) I have created and registered an WHS operating system like this before. As long as the same Bios is inserted it really doesn't matter where or what computer is hosting, as long as the bios is there your activated :)

Great Idea & tips at least I have a great solution for Terminal server type image using this method :)

Moto

14. kocoman

kocoman MDL Senior Member

May 16, 2007
    bump

any updates on

1) where to download MLK version of Office 2007, or what files to exchange, ie: pidgen.dll..(for example XP)
    2) use SLP DMI (Bios) mods for activate (or preactivate) and updating office?
    3) what are the MLK OEM keys, ie: for HP?

I see that everyone talks about Windows 7 SLP-OEM keys, but for people that use Office, they always have to use the OGA patch to stop the popups ?!

15. kukubau

kukubau MDL Addicted

Dec 15, 2008
    There's no pidgen.dll for office 2007. Use the oga patch. Search on google for SupremoPhantom.

16. Buster Pimple

Buster Pimple MDL Novice

Jan 31, 2013
    the key worked for me ,, thanx,, gave me the green check and installing perfectly :worthy: