office 2010 activation

Discussion in 'Microsoft Office' started by Rapier, May 15, 2014.

1. Rapier

Rapier MDL Novice

Sep 8, 2013
    hi
    sorry for my noob questions, but i'm not every day installing Office ..

yesterday i have formatted hdd and installed win7, then activated with loader, installed drivers,... all is ok.
    today i wanted install Office 2010 pro plus language other than english. first what it asks from me was license key. i found some random, put inside, cointinued with instaltion. all was ok. all done

but then i wanted to activate it with newest Microsoft toolkit 2.5.1. I tried several options, all failed, I dont know what I did wrong.
    Pls is there any tutorial how to activate is successfully, without big impact on system ?

thanks

2. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
    You have retail edition of Office, so convert the setup to VL using the built-in channel switcher of MTK first, then uninstall the retail edition & install the VL one. After that, activate by MTK.

3. Rapier

Rapier MDL Novice

Sep 8, 2013
    sorry i dont get it.
    mine is .exe file from that azure servers instead of digitalrivercontent.net.
    so this normal and standard distribution is Retail ?
    retail version is not possible to successfully activate ?

in that toolkit i see only KMS tools, not any MTK

4. s1ave77

s1ave77 Has left at his own request

Aug 15, 2012
    MTK = Microsoft Toolkit, it can convert the installer
    KMSpico can convert an installed Office

Check first line of my signature for links :cool2:.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Rapier

Rapier MDL Novice

Sep 8, 2013
    #5 Rapier, May 15, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2017
    (OP)
    i installed km spico 9.2.3.
    then run .exe but there were no written options to do, just stupid pictures:
    Code:
    ttp://i.imgur.com/bI8wDMl.png
    it seems it did all automatically, but i pressed that red button, then it turned to gray.
    then open .exe again, and it was again red as before.

is it all done now ?
    how may i check, it is activated or not?

pls dont use acronyms. i dont know what means VL version of that Office

// i havent 20 posts now when i'm writing this, so cant post links. so open that damn imade manually -.-

6. s1ave77

Aug 15, 2012
    #6 s1ave77, May 15, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2017
    Better get used to some acronyms, they are often used here to avoid bleeding finger tips :cool2:

VL = Volume License

To check Office:

Code:
    cscript "%ProgramFiles%\Microsoft Office\Office14\ospp.vbs" /dstatus 
    cscript "%ProgramFiles(86)%\Microsoft Office\Office14\ospp.vbs" /dstatus
    (second is for Office x86 on Windows x64)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. Rapier

Rapier MDL Novice

Sep 8, 2013
    so VL is something like multilicense ? is it something changed in that VL in compare with retail?

i guess i must paste your command to some program, to see outcome. but where ?

i have downloaded service pack2 for that Office. it had ~300 mb.- with Windows update
    but i wanted to pre-download it for next time and save at external hdd. so i went to Microsoft web and downloaded it. BUT it had 600 mb !
    how come ? will it damage my Office next time, when i will install that 600 mb one ?

thank you v much

8. s1ave77

Aug 15, 2012
    Retail Licenses need a unique legit key for activation, whereas the Volume Licenses use a generic key that is same for all. The latter can be activated by MTK and other tools.

Copy the command to an administartive CMD >>> press Win-Key+X and then A.

Maybe the download contains SP in x86 and x64 :g:.

9. Rapier

Rapier MDL Novice

Sep 8, 2013
    nope
    i must Winkey+R
    then write CMD
    enter

but i cannot paster there, and manualwriting will make fail

that km spico tool will work no matter what update i will downlad from windows updarte ?
    180 days, then i open it again and it will automaticlaly make anoter 180
    right ?

10. s1ave77

Aug 15, 2012
    Open start menu and enter cmd in search bar, right click the entry and start as admin.

You can paste to CMD by rightclick and 'Paste', to copy from it use 'Mark' and copy to clipboard with <ENTER> :cool2:.

If you used the Installer Version it will reactivate at every System StartUp and every 24 hours.

11. Rapier

Rapier MDL Novice

Sep 8, 2013
    when i installed that office, when opened some app of it for first time, it asked me same when i fresh installed win. that 3 options for settings (it was about updates)
    like automatically seach and install, just check and ask for install, dont check at all or ask/ set later

i selected same in office like in win. third -red option.
    i was able to modify it in win update settings, BUT not in office anywhere. nor in win update.
    so now when i set to win update to check for updates, it omits office updates.

where am i supposed to turn them on ?

ty

12. Rapier

Rapier MDL Novice

Sep 8, 2013
    it didnt help
    when click on that check for updates, it opens web page which leads me to windows updater
    nothing more

but after that i tried to check for updates, if something changed, but no :(

13. Rapier

Rapier MDL Novice

Sep 8, 2013
    isnt possible somehow change registers values to make it enable ?

14. Rapier

Rapier MDL Novice

Sep 8, 2013