Office 2010 KMS Activation issues after installing and removing Office 2013

Discussion in 'Microsoft Office' started by ashish96, Jul 22, 2012.

1. ashish96

ashish96 MDL Novice

Sep 21, 2010
    Guys recently I tried Office 2013 x86 and uninstalled it at once also. But it bricked my Office 2010 activation.
    When I activate one client by VAMT on KMS server by Z.W.T, I get this error: "The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect."

Product: Office 14, OfficeStandard-KMS_Client edition
    License Status: Out of box grace
    Client OS: Win7 Ultimate (OEM, not activated by KMS)

Please help..

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. roirraW "edor" ehT

roirraW "edor" ehT MDL Addicted

Sep 1, 2007
    Maybe try the Microsoft Toolkit, I forget if it's in the Applications forum or the Microsoft Office forum.

Also, maybe try uninstalling Office 2010 and reinstalling it?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. ashish96

ashish96 MDL Novice

Sep 21, 2010
    Reinstallation is the last option.. :(

4. Fraggy

Fraggy MDL Addicted

Jun 13, 2011
    Solution is getting to a restore point before Office 2013 install.

5. roirraW "edor" ehT

Sep 1, 2007
    What's so bad about reinstalling Office. Probably take you 30 minutes total to uninstall the old one and reinstall it.

6. ashish96

ashish96 MDL Novice

Sep 21, 2010
    Lol...damn right :D

7. Fraggy

Fraggy MDL Addicted

Jun 13, 2011
    Only reinstalling won't work afaik.

8. roirraW "edor" ehT

Sep 1, 2007
    But you don't know for sure? By this time he could've uninstalled it, reinstalled it and found out.

9. Fraggy

Fraggy MDL Addicted

Jun 13, 2011
    It's not for sure. The restore point thing has been proven working though :)

10. roirraW "edor" ehT

Sep 1, 2007
    I don't care how he solves it, I was just giving my opinion. If his System Restore fails to complete, as has been my experience sometimes in the past, or if he doesn't have one old enough, or if it just doesn't solve the problem, then there are other things to try. If he can solve it with System Restore, then good!

11. CODYQX4

CODYQX4 MDL Developer

Sep 4, 2009
    I was able to uninstall Office 15 ProPlus, then install Office 2010 Project Pro (without reboot), and KMS Activate.

This was done on Windows 8 RP.

12. Fraggy

Fraggy MDL Addicted

Jun 13, 2011
    Would it work on Windows 7 ?

13. ashish96

ashish96 MDL Novice

Sep 21, 2010
    Reinstall worked like a charm... :p I always avoid system restore for unknown reasons :eek:

14. EgYpTZeRoDaY

EgYpTZeRoDaY MDL Novice

Oct 28, 2012
    thank you guys