Office 2010 reactivation with MAK question

Discussion in 'Microsoft Office' started by FuSchnickens, Jan 12, 2011.

1. FuSchnickens

FuSchnickens MDL Junior Member

Jul 31, 2009
    I activated my office 2010 with a MAK key that has since run out of activations. I need to redo my pc and was wondering if there was a way I could use the same key or am I SOL? Thanks

2. mrthuvi

mrthuvi MDL Member

Apr 2, 2008
    1. Try the backup&restore lic in the office toolkit. I tried it but it doesn't always work.
    2. Phone activation with same MAK key.

3. FuSchnickens

Jul 31, 2009
    Thanks for the info. Which one worked for you? Did you or anyone else on here successfully reativate Office 2010 woth a MAK key that has since run out of activations? I also read VAMT can also be used to manage Windows licences, and it can be used as a “proxy” to backup MAK activations but I'm not quite sure how to do this. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

4. thethingy

thethingy MDL Senior Member

Sep 7, 2010
    You can phone with a spent mac and you get a certain amount of auto activations before being put through to an operator who should still activate for you,,, thing to remember is 1) business use 2) used on only 1 pc.

5. pkaji123

pkaji123 MDL Addicted

Aug 22, 2009
    If you have formatted your PC,and installed Office again,then restore may not work,however as others said you can reactivate it through phone if the Key is not Blocked by M$..

6. FuSchnickens

Jul 31, 2009
    I haven't reformatted yet but plan to.I'm not sure where the MAK I used came from that I used but it had 25K plus activations remaining when I used it. I monitored the MAK and it went all the way down to zero and I don't think it ever got blocked. Why won't the back feature work with a fresh install? Wasn't that the purpose of it so u can ackeep your current activation? Has anyone out there done a reformat and reinstalled office 2010 gotten their restore activation to work?