Office 2010 Toolkit and EZ-Activator.

Discussion in 'MDL Projects and Applications' started by CODYQX4, Apr 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CODYQX4

CODYQX4 MDL Developer

Sep 4, 2009
    #1 CODYQX4, Apr 27, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2011
  2. CODYQX4

CODYQX4 MDL Developer

Sep 4, 2009
    If you want to provide a key, I guess I could test it in a VM (since my only PC is VL version). I don't mind releasing as .bat as I don't know how to do a GUI. If someone else wanted to make a GUI for it that would be nice.

Would be slick to do on other hardware, but unless someone can either generate the proper info or crack the activation to accept non matching HW (2nd sounds easier), then I don't see it happening.

Another thing I wanted to add to it was the ability to change from Retail to VL and vice versa (i think its a matter of files) on a running install (not swap files on the ISO like people have been doing with the .WW folder)

3. Smorgan

Smorgan Glitcher

Mar 25, 2010
    #4 Smorgan, Apr 27, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 27, 2010
    Well neither can I thats why I use a .bat to exe program lol...
    I think the files your looking for are in Tokens.dat and cache.dat in order to switch the editions...
    I have not been trying to do that thou so I have zero experience with that well maybe a little but not much...
    However its more complicated that you think...
    You also need the branding.xml file as well...
    Cause it has the appplication ID's that your looking for...
    There is a s**t load of info in there that should get you started...
    Its also in OSPP.vbs aka its really complicated...

And yes I do have a working pid key checker works nicely...

4. CODYQX4

CODYQX4 MDL Developer

Sep 4, 2009
    Well, I was thinking about trying to find out the difference in the installs. I just want to make it so if you install retail, you can use a VL key later or vice versa, which may be possible already as I've never attempted it.

Also, I had a bat 2 exe thing, but I wanted to keep the code visible so I can have experts see it, also, it makes the rate of AV FP's jump. (My AV think the OfficeResetAuto.exe is virus, its just a SFX exe that runs a batch file, you can open it and see what it does to confirm its not)

5. Smorgan

Smorgan Glitcher

Mar 25, 2010
    Yea Av is a pain when its converted I had the Windows thing I was working on and scanned it with Bitdefender my files went poof so I test the .bat to make sure its in working order but yea AV is just terrible with fake warnings...

6. pkaji123

pkaji123 MDL Addicted

Aug 22, 2009
    Could you please share the product id checker for office here?

7. CODYQX4

CODYQX4 MDL Developer

Sep 4, 2009
    Interesting,I was considering making a cmd for key checking but didn't quite know how. Does this thing check Retail & VL or just one?

8. Smorgan

Smorgan Glitcher

Mar 25, 2010
    This thing checks both and is a modded Windows 7 checker obviously lol since I don't know programing...
    Its pretty handy I only used it once or twice thou...

9. MasterDisaster

MasterDisaster MDL Expert

Aug 29, 2009
    #11 MasterDisaster, Apr 28, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2017
    Run the code below as Administrator to change permissions for the registry key to gain full control for everyone.
    Code:
    net stop osppsvc
    echo HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\OfficeSoftwareProtectionPlatform [8] >set.txt & regini set.txt & del set.txt
    net start osppsvc

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  10. CODYQX4

CODYQX4 MDL Developer

Sep 4, 2009
    #12 CODYQX4, Apr 28, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2017
    (OP)
    So close, had to use 7, not 8, but this doesn't set it for the subkeys in that key like doing it manually does. To complicate things, there is a key under a key that has a varying name, so I can't just static everything.

11. CODYQX4

CODYQX4 MDL Developer

Sep 4, 2009
    #13 CODYQX4, Apr 28, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2010
    (OP)
    I successfully found a way to convert Retail to VL. It aint pretty though. I need to retrace my steps as I messed with a bunch of things, but I think you can get tokens that are VL, copy them over to your machine, reinstall the key (using the keychanger).

It's awkward though. I used my files from my real PC (x64 Win 7 with 32 Bit Office Visio, Pro Plus, and Project Pro), to a VM with just Pro Plus, I ran command 4 on the batch file and it installed keys for Visio and Project even though they weren't there, and they were at 30 days, then I ran KMS, and all got 180 days. I then removed the keys for Visio and Project, activating retail installed Pro Plus with KMS.

This is too sloppy though, as to account for anything that the user could install, one would have to make a install with all office apps and use the tokens.

EDIT: Doesn't work, license got stored but office asked for retail key when opened, so this is useless. I'm convinced any method to convert will be sloppy junk, and anyone who wants to go from VL to Retail or vice versa might as well uninstall/reinstall... or wait for activation bypasses that render the difference meaningless.

12. CODYQX4

CODYQX4 MDL Developer

Sep 4, 2009
    Alright, my backup tool does preserve permanent activation online. I snapshotted a VM after installing retail Pro Plus with leaked key (but not activated), activated, backuped activation, went back to the unactivated state, restored, manually fixed reg key, and activation worked, word opened no problem and said activated.

If only that key could be fixed. Under that key is a data key, and under the data key is a random named key. I can set permissions properly on all 3, but the random key is different on different machines and changes when activation gets messed with. I need a way to find out this key name when doing a restore so I set set on whatever it is.

I can store it in a variable, but I need a way to calculate it so I can put it in a variable, unless someone has a better way to do this.

13. Smorgan

Smorgan Glitcher

Mar 25, 2010
    the thing your looking for is the Application ID which is different for every machine out there I think. Its located in pretty much all the activation files and says ok your using this edition and this key and whether or not its activated. I tried looking into this but it completely destroyed my copy of office 2010 hence the reason why I put the select edition back on and I'm going to Virtual machine it the rest of the way cause I still need my work computer stuff. Good news thou I can now focus back on office 2010 cause I was focusing on Windows and thats looking good time to get office 2010 back up and going I think it can be done thou...

14. CODYQX4

CODYQX4 MDL Developer

Sep 4, 2009
    Managed to query the key name using REG QUERY and save the name then set the permission. I got all restore problems I'm aware of fixed, and refined it a little.

I removed the auto key KMS adder, it's redundant since all VL versions use it by default, and if you wanted to add the KMS key (they are publicly available since they are VL setup default), you could use just the key installer and type in the key.

15. Smorgan

Smorgan Glitcher

Mar 25, 2010
    Thats good to here I'm shortly to get back on working on office 2010 with a virtual copy cause I can't do this kind of stuff with a real machine or I would completely destroy it ahhh there are times I wish I had more memory on this laptop of mine than just 4GB....I'll get back to you on that stuff but this is just something I do in my spare time...

16. CODYQX4

CODYQX4 MDL Developer

Sep 4, 2009
    This is getting annoying. Sometimes I backup/restore and all is well, but other times it says when checking "No Installed Keys", and attempts to add keys says data tampered with.

Sometimes it works and comes around to screw you seconds later.

I think this activation restore/backup is going to take a much more advanced and refined process than I'm capable of. All I can say is that there is more to it than the tokens. That's why sam's tool asks some people for keys, stuff isn't getting transfered. I was certain its the registry AND tokens (and still am) but OSPPSVC can sometimes figure out we've screwed with its tokens/reg keys even when we provide all conditions of where it was good.

17. Smorgan

Smorgan Glitcher

Mar 25, 2010
    As of this moment all of that is true something else is screwing you up....
    Presently I think its the Tokens.dat, cache.dat, OSPPSVC (maybe), OSPPC, the registry values, and a few others....
    I know its difficult but I did a restore with just the tokens.dat n cache.dat and it repaired the office thing and successfully transferred...
    However that was not what I was going for I wanted a unlicensed copy of office 2010...

18. CODYQX4

CODYQX4 MDL Developer

Sep 4, 2009
    Well the easiest way I've gotten either non commercial unlicensed or red bar activation failed is to screw up the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\OfficeSo ftwareProtectionPlatform
    and start office. It will repair several times to fix it (the osppsvs can't even start if you kill stuff in this key, and your activation data is stored here). If I mess up this key, and it repairs, token replace don't work and its almost impossible to KMS. I've gotten out of this state temporarily by restore.

Sometimes the restored state doesn't go properly. I kill OSPPSVC, kill and replace All activation info I'm aware of, and sometimes its fine without a hitch. The more you mess with it the more unstable it gets. I've done restores in several scenarios successful (KMS, rearm mode reset, 32 to 64 bit and back, restored activated retail in a VM). The thing is it can always come back and when you check status, nothing shows up, just No Keys Installed, and attempting to reinstall them fails since OSPPSVC knows somwthing happened.

I don't have the skills to patch, but I wonder if either phone activation could be patched or we could just disable the nags and crap that happens when in red bar mode. Phone activation hack would require we have VL keys, we have retail keys leaked but no non kms VL/MAK keys to my knowledge.