Office 2010 Trial Version

Discussion in 'Application Software' started by weberman, Jun 15, 2010.

1. weberman

weberman MDL Junior Member

Jun 4, 2010
    I have Office 2010 Trial Version installed. Activation will not work with Trial version. :(

2. letsgoawayhell

letsgoawayhell MDL Senior Member

Apr 16, 2010
    Interesting subject.
    lemme help :)

You already installed it?
    if yes, perform this command a gimme screenshot of the output.

open commmand prompt and run:
    cd "%programfiles%\microsoft office\office14"
    cscript ospp.vbs /dstatusall

3. weberman

Jun 4, 2010
    #3 weberman, Jun 16, 2010
    Last edited: Jun 16, 2010
    (OP)
    Screen Shot

Thanks for the help! Screenshot attached: I tried and the Manage Attachments upload manager and I get an error message "undefined". :confused: and it won't upload. It is a jpg file under the size limit. If I can figure out why I can't upload I will do so.

Thanks in the mean time. Any advice? o_O

4. letsgoawayhell

Apr 16, 2010
    Just upload to a public imahe hosting site. :)
    Forget about attachment.

5. MasterDisaster

MasterDisaster MDL Expert

Aug 29, 2009
    You are giving the delete link.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. snowonweb

snowonweb MDL Novice

Jun 13, 2010
    I installed this trial version also on win 7 x64

but the office files are located in /program files (x86)/ hence seems to be its 32 bit. I tried going to MS office trial website with ie8 x64 but it still picked 32 bit office. Also I read somewhere on MS office site that this is the version and it works on x64 by using WOW. Either way my office has no key yet.

onopa .pl/lang/Capture.PNG
    /lang/Capture2.PNG

7. Smorgan

Smorgan Glitcher

Mar 25, 2010
    Wow this is so unhelpful...
    As for what flavor of office 2010 it is it could be the 32 bit or the 64bit one because they both put files in the 64 bit program files and x86 program files...
    We still need a screen shot of the cmd showing the results of this: cscript "%PROGRAMFILES%\Microsoft Office\Office14\ospp.vbs" /dstatusall
    Then I or the people will be able to help you out here on the forum...

8. MasterDisaster

MasterDisaster MDL Expert

Aug 29, 2009
    Capture2.png shows that you are licensed and can use Office for 60 days.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  9. Smorgan

Smorgan Glitcher

Mar 25, 2010
    After that your going to prob have to switch the editions to use the KMS route....
    Or use a valid key to use it there after...

10. snowonweb

snowonweb MDL Novice

Jun 13, 2010
    cscript "%PROGRAMFILES%\Microsoft Office\Office14\ospp.vbs" /dstatusall doesn't run on my machine
    cscript "%PROGRAMFILES(x86)%\Microsoft Office\Office14\ospp.vbs" /dstatusall does and I posted two images on link above capture.png and capture2.png but wait there is more
    /lang/Capture3.PNG
    /lang/Capture4.PNG
    (there is space between onopa and . pl as noobs cant post img or url)
    I hope that helps

11. Smorgan

Smorgan Glitcher

Mar 25, 2010
    #12 Smorgan, Jun 16, 2010
    Last edited: Jun 16, 2010
    Well I guess that answers our question about trial stuff and the oem people might as well have a guess thou cause it seems that the office 2010 your running is a regular copy with retail/oem/trial installed.... I wonder what would happen if a person could come up with a way to find the keys from the encrypted registry components... Well getting back on topic where did you get the trial cause I wanna see if its possible to do a trial reset with it on Vmware....

Update: I got the links...
    Well I guess I knew before how extensive a trial they were offering from the Branding.xml file...
    Handy knowing all the editions and possible activations before hand...

12. weberman

Jun 4, 2010
    FWIW: I got the 60 Day Trial directly from MS.

Thanks

13. snowonweb

snowonweb MDL Novice

Jun 13, 2010
    There are two versions avaliable for trial. the one that i have which is the business edition (cheapest) and proffessional plus. MS Site states that proffessional plus will be only avaliable with volume licensing, and I am downloading x64 version right now as it gave me the choices between 32 and x64 while businesss edition didnt offer such choices. So volume lincencing version is the one that we all should be going for?

14. rupsd

rupsd MDL Senior Member

May 27, 2010
    You can still activate your retail version using kms key .pm me.i will tell

15. letsgoawayhell

Apr 16, 2010
  16. snowonweb

snowonweb MDL Novice

Jun 13, 2010
    My office woes are just begining. The screen shots are from 2010 Home and Business edition trial. Unfortunatelly two hours ago I downloaded Proffessional Plus x64 edition that is messing my computer up. First I had en error when uninstalling 2010 Home and Biz edition. The brief error msg said something about Power Point and then computer just restarted. It wasn't even BSOD, just regular pop up. After restart Office was gone from "programs" in control panel so I decided to install 2010 Proffessional Plus x64. It failed to install (about 10% innstalled) and PC rebooted. During boot up BSOD, rebooted again by itself and this time got choices of fixing booting windows or normal boot. I chose fixing boot and I am back in windows and posting. I am going to try to install it once again right now but I am almost sure the install with crap out. This time I will try running it as admin. I can't believe I have clean install windows 7 x64 and trial version from microsoft is giving me such a hard time. Perhaps before I try installing it again, someone can point me out how can i catch the error or should I find a tool that will remove all office entries from my machine or registry scanner? Any pointers?

17. Smorgan

Smorgan Glitcher

Mar 25, 2010