Office 2010 word not opening win 7

Discussion in 'Microsoft Office' started by Robert Noll, May 14, 2021.

1. Robert Noll

Robert Noll MDL Novice

Jan 21, 2020
    My office 2010 word is not opening in windows 7. Excel & Outlook are ok. Seem to remember that there was a windows update that caused this problem but i cannot find a reference to it. Can anyone point me in the correct directions?

2. Sajjo

Sajjo MDL Member

Feb 6, 2018
    @Robert Noll
    Some details would be nice, else, guessing is the best we can do.
    :)

3. Robert Noll

Robert Noll MDL Novice

Jan 21, 2020
    I am not getting a flash or anything. Just sits there. Looks like the rest of office 2010 is ok, just word not opening. Tried opening it from the menu, and going to the .exe file. When try to do a repair, I get an error that osetup.dll cannot be loaded.

4. Fling

Fling MDL Novice

Sep 6, 2020
    I just came across the same issue after doing May Updates. When you attempt to run winword.exe, it won't even start -- No Error, nor is it in Task Manager. Nothing happens at all. All other MSO-2010 Apps function normally.

After a System Restore and doing step-by-step re-updating, I determined that Win7 Bypass ESU v11 .NET was causing Word 2010 to not run.

The Fix is simple:
    All you need to do is re-run Bypass ESU v11 and uninstall the .NET bypasser, and Word (winword.exe) will run again.. I suppose that each monthly update cycle that I'll have to install the .NET bypasser, do the updates and then uninstall it. (this might also work for lower versions of Bypass ESU).

5. TesterMachineOS

TesterMachineOS MDL Senior Member

Apr 20, 2021
    I have in my Windows 7 installed the Update Pack 7R2 21.5 Will this be able to damage the Office 2010? I also get the error of osetup.dll but this is when the Office 2010 is installed

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. Robert Noll

Robert Noll MDL Novice

Jan 21, 2020
    Thanks for the help. That fixed my problem.