Office 2013 Activation backup

Discussion in 'Microsoft Office' started by hanschke, Sep 2, 2012.

1. hanschke

hanschke MDL Senior Member

Jan 8, 2008
    is there any tool?

2. CuteBirdy

CuteBirdy MDL Junior Member

Aug 17, 2012
    Where is the tool?

3. webdrive

webdrive MDL Novice

Aug 23, 2012
    looking for it as well.
    opa 3.3 only works for office 2010.

4. skynet01dns

skynet01dns MDL Novice

Mar 16, 2011
    Does anybody know if we reinstall windows and office 2013 later - of course on the same hardware - the current confirmation id will be good or not?

5. NABAKUMAR

NABAKUMAR MDL Member

Sep 10, 2012
    For now on you can save those files below:

Here is the location Office 2013 activation files you need to back them up.
    C:\Windows\system32\spp\store\data.dat and
    C:\Windows\system32\spp\store\tokens.dat

Also as Josh's says "Is planned for the v3.5 final the support for Office 2013 and 2010 again" [At this current stage it support Windows 8 fully but not Office 2013 yet!]

6. egyptian hak

egyptian hak MDL Member

Aug 21, 2009
    here is my backup and restore activation tool for office 2013

just use the patch file to backup and restore it when you need

Attached Files:

7. Double_A

Double_A MDL Novice

Oct 25, 2012

Hi, Thanks for your code...

But I'm not really sure if it worked properly.
    I creates a "pkeyconfig-office.xrm-ms" and a "tokens.dat" file, but if I look at the output in cmd there are 2 errors.

Here my german "dump" (hope you can work with it):

C:\Users\Name>"Backup.cmd"
    ERFOLGREICH: Die Datei (oder der Ordner) "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\OFFICE15\Office Setup Controller\pkeyconfig-office.xrm-ms" gehört jetzt dem Benutzer "Name-Laptop\Name".

administrators: Zuordnungen von Kontennamen und Sicherheitskennungen wurden nicht durchgeführt.
    0 Dateien erfolgreich verarbeitet, bei 1 Dateien ist ein Verarbeitungsfehler auf getreten.
    1 Datei(en) kopiert.

Fehler: Das System kann den angegebenen Pfad nicht finden.

administrators: Zuordnungen von Kontennamen und Sicherheitskennungen wurden nicht durchgeführt.
    0 Dateien erfolgreich verarbeitet, bei 1 Dateien ist ein Verarbeitungsfehler auf getreten. 1 Datei(en) kopiert.

8. marez

marez MDL Novice

Jul 24, 2009
    Hi:

I have look the directory of "PROGRAMDATA\Microsoft\Office Software Protection Platform"
    The directory "OfficeSoftwareProtectionPlatform" dont exsist.

I have changet the explorer to see hiden files.

9. Cag

Cag MDL Member

Jul 12, 2009
    Yes, "OfficeSoftwareProtectionPlatform don´t exist. I uninstalled office 2013 (eng), because i wanted another language. I installed and activation was gone.

10. mydigitallifeforum

mydigitallifeforum MDL Junior Member

Apr 25, 2010
    That's the activation for Office 2010. For Office 2013, it's a different story.

11. mydigitallifeforum

mydigitallifeforum MDL Junior Member

Apr 25, 2010
    Dude, are you sure these are the activation files for Office 2013? I thought they were Windows 8....:eek:

12. NICK@NUMBER11

NICK@NUMBER11 MDL Expert

Mar 23, 2010
    Yep these are the correct files, both for windows 8 and office 2013

Here is the location Office 2013 activation files you need to back them up.
    C:\Windows\system32\spp\store\data.dat and
    C:\Windows\system32\spp\store\tokens.dat

13. Smorgan

Smorgan Glitcher

Mar 25, 2010
    #13 Smorgan, Nov 14, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2012
    Ok you guys need a bit of help.

The Office 2013 Activation is tied into the Windows 8 Activation. In order to back up the Activation you need to:

Windows 8 backup

1. Backup the C:\Windows\System32\SPP\Store
    2. Backup the C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\OFFICE15\Office Setup Controller\(Edition information)
    3. Backup the Product key for Windows 8 and Office 2013

Windows 7 backup
    1. Backup the exact same way as Office 2010

That is the Order in which you do stuff now for restoring its simple.

Stop the Office Service.
    Restore everything I mentioned for windows 8.
    Enter Product keys for Office 2013.
    Start Office Service.

Office Activation files that were once there in Windows 7 have been taken out in Windows 8 and meshed with the Windows Core Operating system Licensing as exemplified by studying of the cache.dat / Tokens.dat as for data.dat that is more a temporary license cache.

I'll add this to the Repo as well.

14. PDADoc

PDADoc MDL Novice

Oct 30, 2012
    Okay, after extensively researching this, I've come to the conclusion that I need some help and clarification. I downloaded the tool that was posted (many thanks, BTW), and ran the backup batch file, but it only backed up the tokens.dat file. There is no data.dat file backed up. Whatsmore, I've exhaustively searched my machine, and there is no sign of C:\Windows\system32\spp\store\data.dat anywhere, and my files are all unhidden.

I have Office 2013 Professional Plus RTM installed on a Windows 7 (64-bit) laptop and activated by phone, so the activation is good. On another hard drive I've swapped out for testing purposes, I've installed and activated Windows 8 RTM via phone, and I've installed the same Office 2013 on the Windows 8 machine as well.

I had used a program called Recover Keys to get my program install information for all my installed programs, including Office, but when I tried to use Advanced Tokens Manager to backup the Office 2013 activation, it kept telling me that the activated key is different from the one it found. I'm by no means a novice at this, but I've run into an issue that is beyond my ability to parse, and could use some guidance.

Thanks!
    :D

15. Smorgan

Smorgan Glitcher

Mar 25, 2010
    Your using a copy of windows 7 yes?

Well take the office 2010 activation and think same activation.

Your going to want to look in the usual location which for me is (on windows 7 x64 Ultimate):

C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\OfficeSoftwareProtectionPlatform

That where you should be looking data.dat is only on Windows 8 machines. I would encourage you to look at the office 2013 repository to get what I mean. There are now two types of activation backup now for Office 2013 like I showed paymyrent when he was making his token backup tool awhile ago. One is meshed with the windows 8 activation whilst the other is separate for windows 7. In other words to make it simple:

Windows 8 + Office 2013 = Meshed Activation (same files aka cache.dat). To those who think you need tokens your wrong that only has the edition data.

Windows 7 + Office 2013 = Think office 2010 its exactly the same thing in this case.

16. generalsu

generalsu MDL Senior Member

Jul 30, 2009
    If you are just uninstalling and reinstalling office 2013, then you do not need to restore any files.

You only need to use the backup activation files when you are reinstalling Windows 8.

17. PDADoc

PDADoc MDL Novice

Oct 30, 2012
    #17 PDADoc, Nov 16, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 16, 2012
    I was originally using Office 2013 on a Windows 7 desktop, activated by phone (retail, of course). Then I decided to try Windows 8 and wanted to install it on that machine (same laptop, I just swapped out the Windows 7 HDD for one with Windows 8 Pro on it), which I did. But I wasn't sure exactly how to restore the activation files.

In the end, I just formatted the Windows 8 drive and reinstalled everything from scratch; been up all night doing it, too, LOL! So this time I'll install the Office 2013 VL edition since I can't safely transfer my activation to a copy of Office 2013 retail on the Windows 8 machine.

UPDATE:

Well, starting from scratch turned out to be the right move. I'm now activated on Windows 8 Pro and Office 2013 PP VL. I just have to research and figure out how to backup the activation.

18. ultimate_live

ultimate_live MDL Expert

Mar 15, 2011
    Here I installed Office 2013 and activated it by phone. Than I backed up the files. In another partition I installed Windows 8 and activated it.
    After that I installed Office 2013, and started Office for the 1º time. It told me to activate it. I closed Office, and restored both files without stopping the Office service, and without entering in secure mode.
    So I opened Word again and it was activated.

19. PDADoc

PDADoc MDL Novice

Oct 30, 2012
    I wish it had been that easy for me, but it wasn't. While I was able to successfully activate Office 2013 by phone in Windows 7, backing up the activation turned out to be a bigger headache than I thought it would be. For some reason, I kept getting an error message that the license that the backup script got wasn't the same as the one in the actual activated program.

I think I had tried a blocked key before I activated by phone with a good one, and I didn't know how to remove the bad key. I do now, but I've already installed Office 2013 VL on the Windows 8 HDD and activated it via one of the methods here on the forums.

The downside is I'll have to rearm both Windows 8 and Office 2013 in six months, but by then there'll probably be a good GUI app to use for that, I hope; the scripts get confusing for me, although I did manage to make it all work.

20. s1ave77

s1ave77 Has left at his own request

Aug 15, 2012
    Hopefully the keys you used are your´s, if not, stop discussing this here. It´s forbidden then.
    Regards

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...