Office 2013 RTM Animations

Discussion in 'Microsoft Office' started by Unknown_Type, Nov 19, 2012.

1. Unknown_Type

Unknown_Type MDL Novice

Nov 6, 2012
    Is there any way to enable the animations we had in the Office 2013 Preview? The animations I'm talking about include the typing animation in Word and the selection animation in Excel.

2. Unknown_Type

Unknown_Type MDL Novice

Nov 6, 2012
    #3 Unknown_Type, Nov 19, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 20, 2012
    (OP)
    Lol I've already done the googling, the reason I posted this was because the HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\15.0\Common\Graphics registry folder doesn't exist in RTM. I then added the folder and files manually, but it didn't work.

3. Padpadak

Padpadak MDL Member

Feb 11, 2010
    Oke i will delete my post ;)

4. Romar31

Romar31 MDL Novice

Oct 30, 2012
    Office animations are enabled by default and without you seeing them might be an issue with your graphics card. Open options on one of the office programs then click on advanced. Ticking Disable Hardware acceleration might solve the problem. Or if it is already checked, untick it.

5. Unknown_Type

Unknown_Type MDL Novice

Nov 6, 2012
    idk, I tried both hardware acceleration on and off and the animations didn't show up either way. I don't have any other problems with my graphics drivers or graphics card so I'm surprised that they showed up in the 2013 preview but not RTM.

6. Romar31

Romar31 MDL Novice

Oct 30, 2012
    Try this registry entry i made buddy. View attachment enable animations.zip

7. Unknown_Type

Unknown_Type MDL Novice

Nov 6, 2012
    Didn't work for me. Maybe it has something to do with the "Graphics" registry folder not existing in RTM?

8. tgquan67

tgquan67 MDL Novice

Aug 15, 2012
    No, if it hasn't existed yet, just create it manually. In my case, I had animation enabled by default and had to create it to disable.
    There may be a problem with your installation or graphic driver?