Office 2013 setup error, cannot install on windows 8

Discussion in 'Microsoft Office' started by blazeknick, Jan 23, 2013.

1. blazeknick

blazeknick MDL Novice

Nov 28, 2011
    Hello MDL masters,

I was trying to install Ms Office 2013 x86 Pro plus version on Windows 8 Pro 32 Bit version, i was able to activate Windows 8 Successfully, however I'm having trouble in installing Office 2013, when i click setup.exe see the below error message box.

setup can't find or validate an installation file. please try reinstalling office from your installation source , or if you installed from a download package please redownload and reinstall. if you continue to have problems please contact Microsoft or your system administrator

Even I tried with running setup.exe with admin privileges but it did not work.

Could any one please help me how to fix the issue, and any other way i can install office 2013 on my PC.

Thank you ,
    Best Regards.

BB.

2. s1ave77

s1ave77 Has left at his own request

Aug 15, 2012
    Looks like setup files are corrupted. Try downloading again.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. blazeknick

blazeknick MDL Novice

Nov 28, 2011
    Hi,

Unfortunately, even with the newly downloaded file i cannot install office 2013 in Win8 Pro, I still get the same error message as i specified above.
    Any help on the procedure/steps how to install office 2013 and activate it on win8 pro is appreciated.

Thanks in advance for helping.

BR