Office 2019 - Home - Question

Discussion in 'Microsoft Office' started by AnarethoS, Apr 23, 2019.

1. AnarethoS

AnarethoS MDL Expert

Jul 31, 2009
    Hi everyone!

I have a personnal client that bought the full Office 2019 Home and Student edition.
    She asked Stapes to do the install on the computer.

Now, I had to reinstall Windows on the computer. I wanted to reinstall Office and I saw that the serial number was not linked to her Microsof account. When I try to register the serial key to her account it tells me that it is already linked to another account.

I suppose the tech at Stapes used his own personnal account to downlod office and is not the "owner" of the key.

Still, the key was used on my client's computer and linked to her hardware.

The problem here is that I can't download the Office 2019 installations files since there is no key associated to her account.

Where can I find thoses files? Will I be able to specify the serial key to activate later or I will be force to use the Microsoft account linked to the key ? Can I do anything to reinstall Office on her computer?

She doesn't whant to deal with the store anymore. They corrupted her computer (by disabled Octane in the bions without correctly broking the link from the SSD and the HDD. All data where lost) still they charge for a "backup". They where not able to reinstall Windows (I had to), now the Office stuff....

anyone can give me advice ?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. coleoptere2007

coleoptere2007 MDL Guru

Apr 8, 2008