Office 2019 / Outlook Annoyance

Discussion in 'Microsoft Office' started by LightSource, May 2, 2021.

1. cbsvitzer

cbsvitzer MDL Member

Feb 4, 2010
    #2 cbsvitzer, May 4, 2021
    Last edited: May 4, 2021
    Unfortunately, it's because Office C2R has been updated to the latest version. You cannot event scroll the list...
    The only thing to do, is to revert to an earlier version of Office (system restore) and disable Office updates

Disable Office updates:
    1) Open an Office app, such as Word.
    2) Create a new blank document.
    3) Click on File.
    4) Click on Account.
    5) On the right side, click the Update options menu.
    6) Select the Disable Updates option.
    7) Click the Yes button to confirm.

2. kaljukass

kaljukass MDL Guru

Nov 26, 2012
    #3 kaljukass, May 4, 2021
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    #4 Enthousiast, May 4, 2021
    @kaljukass

Pic removed after noticing the email addresses are now removed

4. cbsvitzer

cbsvitzer MDL Member

Feb 4, 2010
    #5 cbsvitzer, May 4, 2021
    @kaljukass

Nothing is wrong.
    But in the latest version of Office C2R, the AutoComplete list has been grossly enlarged and you cannot even scroll the list: :(

Attached Files:

5. LightSource

LightSource MDL Junior Member

Nov 4, 2009
    This is the main issue. My list goes above so I cannot even see various addresses.

6. kaljukass

kaljukass MDL Guru

Nov 26, 2012
    This is not an Office problem, something must be wrong with the specific computer where you are experiencing the problem.
    I currently have the latest version of the same Office on 5 computer what are completely different age and manufacturer, and I don't have that problem anywhere.
    If this were an Office problem, it should show up somewhere for me too.
    All I can think is that some file types have been disabled or something is incompletely modified/installed during the upgrade.
    I can't think of anything more. The only thing could recommend is to check the file associations and if there is everything in order, then make Office a complete new clean installation.
    Also is recommended checking the status of Windows files. Ie at first delete old log file from this folder %windir%\Logs\CBS, then run cmd.exe as administrator and then sfc.exe /scannow
    if there is something that cannot fix, open log file using this command (it will put latest scan results on desktop and open it with Notepad)
    Code:
    @echo off
    findstr /c:"[SR]" %windir%\logs\cbs\cbs.log >%userprofile%\Desktop\sfcdetails.txt
    Start notepad "%userprofile%\Desktop\sfcdetails.txt"
    exit

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
  8. LightSource

LightSource MDL Junior Member

Nov 4, 2009
    I would agree with you but I think in this instance, as Tito has pointed out, it is a known issue and has now been acknowledged by MS. May be it happens with a small group of people and I am one of those.

Thanks