Office for iPad

Discussion in 'Microsoft Office' started by DJESMOND, Mar 31, 2014.

1. DJESMOND

DJESMOND MDL Novice

Mar 9, 2013
    So i heard a rumour that you could permantely activate your office apps on your iPad if you signed in with a subscribed account ones. Does anyone know about this?
    (Hope it the right place to post)

2. TecMan

TecMan MDL Member

Jul 31, 2009
    Hi DJESMOND:

I have an iPad 2 and I installed the new Microsoft Office for iPad (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)...and I needed to buy a Office 365 subscription to activate the apps...and they are working great...I recommend you.

TecMan

3. EFA11

EFA11 Avatar Guru

Oct 7, 2010
    thought someone said the apps would be free? I figured that was FAR too good to be true. Nice info though, thanks TecMan

4. DJESMOND

DJESMOND MDL Novice

Mar 9, 2013
    Well it's a freemium app.
    You can download it for free and view documents for free but everything such as editing requires you to be signed in with an account with subscription.
    I heard that there was a thing where if you signed in once, it would activate the program for ever. That was really what i was thinking off. If anyone had heard about this.
    I have an iPad 3 but i use a laptop at school too, so I don't know how much I would use the app.
    I have already paided for Office for Windows (old way not 365). So i feel like it a lot of money for just trying to see if I use it enough.
    A trail would have been real nice feature.

5. kwangso123

kwangso123 MDL Novice

Apr 8, 2014
    Yeah....install such a large app only for read-only use, unless we have Office 365 account....not worth it. Better use free 3rd party apps to edit docs