Office help email image preview

Discussion in 'Microsoft Office' started by bp1, Jan 12, 2020.

1. bp1

bp1 MDL Member

May 11, 2009
    Hi to everyone
    Been a long time in posting and asking for help on MDL. Much appreciate any help below
    Recently upgraded from Win 7 and winmail (Vista email client) to windows 10 and office 16.
    Everything was great apart from one issue with my office outlook.
    I currently have CCTV camera at my home which sends emails and a photo jpg attachment on alarm.
    Under my old email client (pop3 setup) the email was recieved and the image could be seen within the email message without having to do anything. eg Open any other menu tab and press preview.
    Under outlook 16 the email is recieved but i have to press the attachment menu tab
    to preview the image.
    So in brief the email arrives as image below

capture1.PNG
    I have to go to the image attachment menu drop box and press preview

However as my old email client winmail i would like the email to arrive with the image already opened and shown as the image below
    Capture2.PNG
    Is this posibble under oulook 16.
    Any advise and help would greatfully appreciated
    Many thanks

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Sako549

Sako549 MDL Novice

Oct 18, 2011
    Check out this:
    File-->Options-->Trust Center-->Trust Center Settings-->Uncheck "Don't download pictures automatically in HTML e-mail messages or RSS items."
    If this doesn't resolve your issue, check if you have text-only emails enabled.
    File-->Options-->Trust Center Settings-->E-mail Security-->Uncheck "Read all standard mail in plain text."

3. bp1

bp1 MDL Member

May 11, 2009
    Thanks
    Ill try that and reply back
    Thank you

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...