Office needed

Discussion in 'Application Software' started by skippydog, Jul 19, 2013.

1. skippydog

skippydog MDL Novice

Jul 19, 2013
    I was using 2010 version of office and had the toolkit to activate it. Dunno what happened but it no longer works and i installed 2013 version of office to use the trial as i need office for my business.
    Now 2013 has run out and when i try and use toolkit 2.4.1 it says KMS failed??? I have no idea what KMS is despite attempting to read up on it.
    I have read several posts on here and have no idea what im reading about?

I just need to activate office as my work is getting so behind and i cant move on until i can use it again, can anyone explain how to activate it please? I have sat here for 3 hours yesterday and 2 hours so far today, its doing my head in now and i cant deal with it anymore.

Any help will be very much appreciated.

2. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    For to use the MTK you'll need to haver Office VL Version installed AFAIK. A Trial version could not be used with MTK. Download the one you need from the links provided by Nick@Number11!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. s1ave77

s1ave77 Has left at his own request

Aug 15, 2012
    #4 s1ave77, Jul 19, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: May 23, 2017
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. skippydog

skippydog MDL Novice

Jul 19, 2013
    What is VL version? what does VL mean?
    And where is the links provided by Nick@Number11? I dont see any links? I dont get it?

5. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    VL means Volume Licence, and look again at links provided by Nick@Number11 the links are there.

6. skippydog

skippydog MDL Novice

Jul 19, 2013
    I really dont get this? How much is office to buy? Maybe easier to just buy it, i have spent far too much time looking at adverts and downloading stuff i didnt want to download, and clicking on adverts everywhere.

1) Extract your download to iso
    2) Verify iso with SHA-1
    3) To install, burn to DVD or extract the iso, run from setup.exe

Firstly cant find any downloads, no idea what iso means? what is SHA-1?? why do i have to burn to DVD or extract the iso?

I have paper and pencils here, i can use them instead?

I will be throwing my pc out the window very soon, one thing i have a lot of is windows! soon to be smashed windows!
    so frustrating you have no idea!

7. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
  8. s1ave77

Aug 15, 2012
    Doing things without any knowledge is indeed a challenge :good3:. Some reading/googling on the given terms would help here :D.

9. skippydog

skippydog MDL Novice

Jul 19, 2013
    Thanks Tito, now downloading.

See what problems i face next.

What do i need to do once this is downloaded?

10. s1ave77

Aug 15, 2012
    Install first :D...then activate with MTK (Microsoft Toolkit); use 'EZ-Activator' in office section.

11. skippydog

skippydog MDL Novice

Jul 19, 2013
    I totally agree with you s1ave77 doing this without knowledge is impossible, but i dont have time reading this stuff and so much rubbish on the net when you google info about microsoft office. And i only just came across these forums.

The 10 hours or so i have spent tryng to get office on my pc over the last month has not resulted in me gaining any knowledge what so ever. Until i found these forums at least.

12. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
  13. skippydog

skippydog MDL Novice

Jul 19, 2013
    Thank you so much guys, i just installed it and activated.

Honestly would not have done that without your help. Thanks Tito for posting direct links, still no idea where the links where on that other page i was looking on, lol.

I was really pulling my hair out trying to activate this, still not sure why i couldnt do it on my own but hwo cares, end result is that im now happy as i can now do my work.

I will be spending more time on here reading and gaining some knowledge from you guys.

Thanks again, really cant tell you how happy i am now.

14. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
    Thanks for the feedback. Read the threads here, specially stickies. You can find valuable resources.

:hug2:

15. mohamedkamel

mohamedkamel MDL Addicted

Jul 5, 2011