Office Toolkit EZ-Activator failing- need to uninstsll IORRT?

Discussion in 'Microsoft Office' started by ryangodammit, Feb 26, 2012.

1. ryangodammit

ryangodammit MDL Novice

Feb 25, 2012
    Hi,

Not sure if I'm in the right forum, wasn't allowed to post in the MDL Projects section where most EZ-Activator threads seem to be.

I cant quite get the tool kit to work right. I think I might have a couple of things going on.

When I hit the EZ-Activator button it comes up with the message:

"Cannot use EZ-Activator with IORRT installed as it will cancel out EZ-Activator when it runs.
    Please Uninstall IORRT if you want to use EZ-Activator."

I've tried finding and uninstalling IORRT and am pretty sure I found it all and deleted it, but it doesn't help.

I am able to make it work and activate my copy of office if I go to the license tab files and click Repair. Then I have to hit Activate in the activation tab.
    Unfortunately this only works for one day and I have to do it all again- pretty cumbersome.
    Also, I have to temporarily disable my virus protection to make this method work.

I am running version 2.1.7 Beta 1, is there a newer one somewhere?

If this is posted in the wrong section, could a moderator please shift it? I did a pretty thorough search and this was the closest I could find- other than MDL projects which wouldn't let me post.

2. Paiva

Paiva MDL Developer

Apr 9, 2011
  3. ryangodammit

ryangodammit MDL Novice

Feb 25, 2012
    So do I need to permantly turn my AV off or can I just make an exception?

4. ryangodammit

ryangodammit MDL Novice

Feb 25, 2012
    I still get the message telling me I need to uninstal IORRT. How do I do that?

5. CODYQX4

CODYQX4 MDL Developer

Sep 4, 2009
    #5 CODYQX4, Feb 26, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2019

6. sidewinder_33

sidewinder_33 MDL Novice

Jul 17, 2012
    Just encountered the same problem, found how to fix it.

First, I removed IORRT from the task scheduler as stated above, but that didn't do the trick.

So, go to your local disk (C:\), click the organize tab along the top bar, and enable viewing hidden files (select folder and search options, click the view tab, and click on "show hidden files, folders, and drives"). Then, in C:\, you should see a previously hidden folder called "IORRT." All I did to make the EZ-Activator on the toolkit work was deleted the IORRT folder. Success!

I know it's been a while, but hope this helps someone.

7. InnerView

InnerView MDL Novice

Apr 23, 2013
    Thank you Sidewinder! I know I am late to the game, but this worked!!!! I did not have the IORRT in the Task Scheduler but I found it in the hidden files and deleted it and the activator worked great! Thanks again!

8. osmanvielma

osmanvielma MDL Novice

May 16, 2014
    EZ-Activator is the key, thanks for that...

about the IORRT I found the installer or executable and it shows a menu to uninstall...

after this EZ-Activator (or office toolkit or something like that) worked like a charm...

cheers... and if you really like Office purchase a legit key... it's really cheap for those with dollars... not my case... political issues (communism)