Official Beta Key Advantage

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by bchat, Jan 9, 2009.

1. bchat

bchat MDL Smart Azz

Nov 7, 2008
    I have the "leaked" version of build 7000 64 bit installed. I used the patch mentioned on this site to remove watermark, "Send Feedback", and activate the OS. All is working well, including updates, it shows the OS is genuine, and activated. WINVER shows it will expire 7/1/2009 6:59PM.

Anybody have any idea what the advantage will be to get an "official" key when they are released this afternoon? I'm not sure I'm going to be available to get one.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. bedrock

bedrock MDL Member

Nov 16, 2007
    I have gotten an official key from MSDN, but i cant see any advantages ;) other than it being official

3. bchat

bchat MDL Smart Azz

Nov 7, 2008
    Thanks, I was worried the installation might explode or cause one of my ex-wives to move back in - neither are good situations.

I am the "Official Grandfather of Sydney" - this all the "Official" I need.:)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. ShortFuse

ShortFuse MDL Novice

Jan 9, 2009
    with an official key, you won't have to worry about upgrading to a newer build and being locked out because activation methods changed

5. vistadude

vistadude MDL Member

Oct 7, 2008
    I wonder if Microsoft will "reward" official beta testers with a copy of Windows 7 once it goes gold. Doubt it, but it could happen.

6. machunter46

machunter46 MDL Novice

Jun 24, 2007
    That question is covered in their FAQ that you get to when you obtain your key. Answer is NO.

7. MohamedYousri

MohamedYousri MDL Novice

Jan 10, 2009
    i can't activate my 64-bit using manual way

the main problem is i can't take the ownership or full control of pkeyconfig.xrm-ms

any help with that pleas

8. bchat

bchat MDL Smart Azz

Nov 7, 2008
    There is only one way to take ownership that I know of. If you took ownership of 1 file, it should work on all. Going slowly and making sure each step is correct works best for me;)