OGA Update failure?

Discussion in 'Application Software' started by mbient, Jan 11, 2010.

1. mbient

mbient MDL Novice

Jan 11, 2010
    XP Pro SP2 - Office 2003

KB 949810 (OGA Notifier) failed to install via WU. Tried several times, all failed. (Ruined my perfect record of no failed updates).

Was I lucky? Do I need this update to get future updates for Office 2003?

I can hide it on the WU notification, so, other than the mess it made in 'My Updates' log, no harm, no foul, right? Or is there something else I should do?

2. alextheg

alextheg MDL Expert

Jan 7, 2009
    Most likely you got an error code for the failed update ? Search that code on the web there will be guidelines from M$. Follow these and reinstall the update. :D

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. mbient

mbient MDL Novice

Jan 11, 2010
    I went to and read the MS fix relating to the error code provided. The fix involved some extensive registry modifications, which I steer away from, unless it's to get the darn thing running again.

So, do I 'need' this update? Will not having it preclude me from getting future Office updates?

Just curious, after an MS update fails, what happens to the files that were downloaded? Are they occupying disk space, or, is all evidence of the download erased?

Thanks for responding.