ok..now this is weird...

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Elvis42, Feb 27, 2010.

1. Elvis42

Elvis42 MDL Novice

Sep 30, 2007
    ok, I am new to this windows 7 stuff...I have successfully created and installed the XP OEM cd's with all the great help from this site...now I am working on Windows 7.

I have a home built computer, it has an ASUS P5KPL-CM motherboard.....it was running some sort of Windows 7 evaluation OS, when I got the computer. I did a fresh install of XP OEM, it worked perfectly. I ran the OEMBIOS and found the OEMfiles, etc needed...

now I wanted to make sure the motherboard was Windows 7 ready so I used the SLIC DUMP ToolKit found on this site. It stated there was no OEM SLP String nor an SLIC table. I also ran Everest Ultimate and it found no SLIC table.

so I went to the ASUS site and according to the site the motherboard (ASUS P5KPL-CM) is Windows 7 ready...

any suggestions? I want to make sure I can install an OEM Version of Windows 7 Professional without any problems....

2. armada

armada MDL Addicted

Dec 8, 2007
    well yes the board can run win 7 but it does not have any slic info in the bios already. so you either need to physically mod the bios or use a loader unless you have a legit retail lic key. you can not simply install win7 on a motherboard that is "win 7 ready" that just means it will not have compatibility issues with win7

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. armada

armada MDL Addicted

Dec 8, 2007
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Elvis42

Elvis42 MDL Novice

Sep 30, 2007
    armada,
    wow thank you for all your help...I will let you know how it all works out....thanks again

5. Elvis42

Elvis42 MDL Novice

Sep 30, 2007
    armada,
    thanx a million for all your help...the BIOS mod worked like a charm, I have Windows 7 up and running and so far everything seems to work great...so kudos to you...thanx