Old Acer 4720 slic 2.0 RW AcpiTbls.rw

Discussion in 'BIOS Mods' started by strang30ldman, Aug 30, 2010.

1. strang30ldman

strang30ldman MDL Novice

Aug 28, 2010
    Hi,

I was wondering any kind soul out there still have the old 4720z slic 2.0 RW file, "AcpiTbls.rw". I tried downloading the one posted, but seems to be invalid.
    As i would like to revert back to 2.0 instead.
    Could you able to provide me? please.... tell me the good news....

2. ar_seven_am

ar_seven_am MDL Senior Member

Mar 7, 2010
    Sorry strang3oldman, if u want to revert back to slics 2.0 u can reflash ur bios with original bios file (if it cames with slics2.0) but if not, then u may replace the slics2.1 with slics 2.0 by using phoenix tool from andyp. (if it needed I can mods the bios for u but I need ur all information bout ur bios)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. strang30ldman

strang30ldman MDL Novice

Aug 28, 2010
    Hi Seven,

Thanks for your quick reply.
    I tried flashing back my old bios. Which seems to be having slic2.1 again. despite downgrading it to the earlier version from the original bios file through dos.

I tried using phoenix mod tool 1.5 to revert back, inputing slic 2.0. Verified successfully. Upon reflash, it still shows QA09, base on slic toolkit.

This is the information of my current bios.

-Manufacturer: Acer
    -Motherboard Model: Aspire 4720Z
    -Bios revision: 3810
    -Bios Type: Phoenix BIOS
    RW, Will upload once i'm back home. I downloaded Bios from
    Unable to post url as my current post is only 5.

4. NoJuan999

NoJuan999 Experienced SLIC Tool Operator

Jul 31, 2009
    #4 NoJuan999, Aug 31, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 1, 2010
    If The Original BIOS has SLIC 2.0 in it there is NO need to use the SLIC Tool to add SLIC 2.0 Info.

PS
    SLIC 2.1 is backward compatible with SLIC 2.0, so a Bios with SLIC 2.1 and the proper Cert and key for Vista will Activate Vista.
    PSS
    Make sure you did NOT use a BIE or other Preactivated copy of Win 7 or that will interfere with the SLIC that is in BIOS from being properly seen from within Windows (i.e. with SLIC Dump Toolkit).

5. strang30ldman

strang30ldman MDL Novice

Aug 28, 2010
    Thats what i thought so too...
    Because in the past, i could able to recover directly from my PQservice, (hidden harddisk partition recovery by acer, using ctrl+10)

I failed trying to recover from acer recover where partition is still intact.
    Will there be any issue when slic 2.1?

6. strang30ldman

strang30ldman MDL Novice

Aug 28, 2010
    Thank you guys for your kind respond.

I managed to solve those issues on the bios.
    You guys were right! Its about the loader that cause me such confusion. My Bad. Thousand apologizes....

Regards to the partition recovery.... Here is my finding that i found.
    It is causes by the MBR that acer default comes with.

on a functional Windows system:

1 disable the D2D recovery option of the bios.
    2 open a Windows session with an account administrator.
    3 Download, unzip and launch partedit32(registration required for download).
    download "ptedit32"

4 Identify the Pqservice partition by its size (at the bottom of the partedit window there is a partition information box) it is a small sized partition approximately 2 to 6 Go_Once made change the type of your partition into 0C and save. Restart and open a session with an administrator account, you should be able to navigate to the PQservice partition. Seek these two files mbrwrdos.exe / mbrwrwin.exe and rtmbr.bin once localised open a command prompt and launch this command mbrwrdos.exe / mbrwrwin.exe (words the same) install rtmbr.bin, this will install the Acer MBR. Close the command prompt window restart again Windows go into the bios and reactivate the D2D recovery. Now ALT+F10 should launch Acer recovery at the starting of the computer.

Thank you people, once again....

From such experience, i learn how to mod my bios... solved my recovery... I learned alot... Thanks to digitallife - Yen and others who contributed in tutorials....