OLD Intel d975xbx2 Badaxe2 Windows 7 Question :))

Discussion in 'PC Hardware' started by rolley, Nov 28, 2011.

1. rolley

rolley MDL Novice

Oct 23, 2010
    Ok, yes I am a complete noob! I am reformatting my computer and I have a question about chipset drivers. Ok, Does Windows 7 automatically install the chipset driver or do I do that? I went to the intel website and they do NOT show a chipset driver for Windows7 64bit. They just show a raid driver. Kinda confused me cause I know I gotta have it for everything to run correctly. I lost my mobo cd that had the original drivers. I just don't want to make a bad mistake :) I noticed on the Windows 7 compatibility website it shows its compatible with windows7 64bit and it also says this product installs without any xtra software BUT not sure if that means chipset driver or not!! Thanks for reading the long post and sorry for my lack of knowledge!!!!

2. Nawzil

Nawzil MDL Guru

Jun 18, 2011
    The drivers will be automatically installed. So don't worry. Go ahead and install Windows 7.

3. gabris[LT]

gabris[LT] MDL Senior Member

Nov 6, 2010
    Had problems with windows 7 and drivers... :) if they will occur google for Driver Pack Solution.

4. rolley

rolley MDL Novice

Oct 23, 2010
    Hey guys :) Sorry for the late reply!! Thanks SO much for the help!! Not sure what I would do without it lol.....
    Rolley