Older distro version on New machine

Discussion in 'macOS' started by tusharkalbhor, Aug 30, 2011.

1. tusharkalbhor

tusharkalbhor MDL Junior Member

Jul 9, 2010
    I dont know how to phrase this problem.
    One of my client has been using Fedora 8 on a Pentium 4/Intel 845 machine for some time now & she is used to it. last week she came to me to upgrade her hardware so I gave her a new set of core i3/DG61WW/kingston 4GB DDR3 1333/WD 500GB SATA/LG SATA DVD-WR. When I tried to install fedora 8 on it, right from the language option, the display was -looped. I mean the display started about 2" from the right edge of LCD and after going till left edge, it looped back to the right edge of the LCD. (I dont know whether this sounds meaningful!! o_O ). So i downloaded Fedora 15 DVD ISO and installed that, but the client was unhappy with all new UI of fedora 15 as she is accustomed to old UI. While installing this F15, i tried 2nd option that read "install with basic graphic drivers" and result was same as fedora 8 i.e. crooked display. Just to check, I tried to install Ubuntu 9. It gave same display, that started 2" after the right edge as if not knowing where the screen starts.

Now, I need to install fedora 8 on this new set of hardware with a perfect display. I searched intel for video drivers of DG61WW for linux, couldnt find any.

Any solution (apart from installing something diff and apart from installing fedora 8 on older hardware.)??

2. Daz

Daz MDL Developer / Admin
    Staff Member

Jul 31, 2009
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. tusharkalbhor

tusharkalbhor MDL Junior Member

Jul 9, 2010
    My apologies for the typo...its DH61WW motherboard.