Oldie AwardBIOS 120G+ mod possible?

Discussion in 'BIOS Mods' started by trodas, Mar 21, 2013.

1. trodas

trodas MDL Member

Jan 22, 2008
  2. LatinMcG

LatinMcG Bios Borker

Feb 27, 2011
    xp sp1 or higher handles 137*gb or higher fine.
    bios limitation of LBA is not 48 bit ??

* not sure of size but close

3. trodas

trodas MDL Member

Jan 22, 2008
    Win2k handles also 500G+++ drives easily. The problem is, once again, that the machine refuse to finish POST, when 320G or 500G drive is connected to it... The last message is "Verifying DMI Pool Data .........." and that is the end of booting. Since in the BIOS itself it works fine, I see this as some BIOS limitation/quirk... Not sure witch one... :eek: But I can provide screens of the BIOS detecting huge drives w/o a glitch, yet never boot with these drives attached :(((

Please help. It is driving me mad :(

4. LatinMcG

LatinMcG Bios Borker

Feb 27, 2011
    Disk access mode in bios wont work as LARGE or AUTO sometimes.. change it if it has LBA or 32 bit.

5. trodas

trodas MDL Member

Jan 22, 2008
    Interesting idea! Worth testing... Sadly, no result. The default mode is "Auto"... Changed to LBA and same result. After the "Verifying DMI Pool Data .........." the machine does absolutely nothing. Of course it works, live linux boot CD works well, for example. Back to the bios. Changed the mode to "Large" and yet again, no difference. Only the mode chnaged on post screen from LBA to LRG, but that it is. No change in behaviour...

That is why I kindly asking, if someone can take a look at the bios, because this is just wrong... :( Same as the missing Vcore settings when using AXP CPU. Crazy.