Oldie BIOS Request (HP/Insyde) using Xp pro

Discussion in 'Windows XP / Older OS' started by remcon, Aug 15, 2007.

1. remcon

remcon MDL Novice

Aug 13, 2007
  2. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. remcon

remcon MDL Novice

Aug 13, 2007
    Thanks for reply. BIOS is by a company called Insyde. Apparently they do laptop BIOSes for HP, Toshiba, etc. The link I put in IS the link Directly to the BIOS, if I understand you correctly. I have been "banging my head against the wall" for about 2 weeks on this.........Any Help would be Deeply Appriciated.

4. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. remcon

remcon MDL Novice

Aug 13, 2007
    Even though it is dissapointing, and frustrating, I really appriciate you giving it a shot. I am stiil dilligently looking for some type of Decompiler for this. if you think that it could do Some good. Any other suggestions would be appriciated. Again, Thanks

6. taninao

taninao MDL Novice

Nov 15, 2007
  7. fisherman

fisherman MDL Novice

May 5, 2008
    I caught this thread a wanted to share some info I have dug up on these Insyde BIOS machines.

I have a Toshiba A65 that uses one of these. When you boot into the BIOS, you what looks like a black and white screen with TABable fields covering 2 pages. I think this is the way Insyde does their bioses (No normal BIOS menus).

(taniano)
    I've read that some of these actually require specific IDE drive settings in order to post. Also, Some of them only have a single controller for both the cd and internal drive and require specific master/ slave and single master etc. settings.

If your IDE drive doesn't post, try every master/slave jumper setting on the drive with and without the cd/dvd before giving up. It might work.

Regarding the SLIC for Windows XP, Toshiba has a utility that lets you edit the DMI in their laptops. This is because some of their XP restore DVD's won't restore unless you manually edit the DMI in the laptop first.
    Perhaps these problems are common across other companies that use this Insyde bios.

It might be possible to edit the DMI with ACPISCOPE or something similar.

NOTE: I have no experience on other brand laptops that use Insyde, Only the Toshiba A65.

BE CAREFUL WHEN EXPERMENTING ON THESE MACHINES DUE TO THE VERY POOR CUSTOMER SUPPORT FROM HP AND TOSHIBA.
    Not doing so could cost you.
    Good luck