OMG, these integration issues are getting to me!

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by MonarchX, Jul 19, 2014.

1. MonarchX

MonarchX MDL Expert

May 5, 2007
    I decided to use WinToolkit 1.4.46 to create an ISO with integrated updates and drivers. But I don't know if I did it correctly because in the end it was trying to install updates ON MY SYSTEM instead of applying them to the extracted ISO files. Then it did the same for DRIVERS. NO updates or drivers were applied to the damn extracted files and no integration was possible afterwards.

Now I am stuck and I don't know WTH is going on again, but I have a FileRepository folder in System32\DriverStore directory that takes up over 25GB! Please tell me I can delete all that without erasing all my currently installed drivers?

I also bet that when I tried to apply updates to the extracted ISO files, the damn WinToolkit applied to my system again! Where would these extra updates be stored? Can I delete them?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. s1ave77

s1ave77 MDL Guide Dog/Dev

Aug 15, 2012
    Huh ... sounds challenging :g:.

Unfortunately you mostly refuse to respond to given solutions but come up with the next problem. Makes it exhausting to provide help.

So either start reading the info and FAQs offered with the tools before starting any attempts or download an updated ISO from a trusted source like murphy78 :doh:.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. MonarchX

MonarchX MDL Expert

May 5, 2007
    I can't find anything of Murphy's past the original Update 1, which I already have. I ended up using the Take Ownership and deleting those huge driver-storing folders. So far no issues at all as I only deleted specific drivers from nVidia, Realtek, and Intel that took up 20GB worth of space!

What about WinSxS folder? Its 5.8GB in size. Is that normal? I tried to manually delete files in there WITHOUT taking ownership to make sure nothing Windows truly wants preserved gets deleted. I also have Murphy's WinSxS Clean . bat file that came with his Windows 8.1 Update 1 release.

4. LiteOS

LiteOS MDL Expert

Mar 7, 2014
    #4 LiteOS, Jul 20, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 20, 2014
    i just install the os on vmware update the windows and do clean up with dism.exe
    copy the drivers files to c:\windows\inf
    and capture it back to wim
    no need to sysperp when its windows8

its the hard way but i know the feeling when wim is breaking...

5. MonarchX

MonarchX MDL Expert

May 5, 2007
    I actually figured out how to finally integrate all the updates and drivers. Its much easier than with MSMG Toolkit 1.09! I will surely keep the original ISO, but I think the created one will be great too! If only I knew how to use Win Toolkit to silently install KMSPico, Start8, and apply several registry tweaks I'd format and try it ASAP, but otherwise I'll just wait until I have no choice. I still have a perfectly good Acronis True Image full disk backup!

6. swampy

swampy MDL Member

Aug 1, 2009
    In setupcomplete.cmd include:

start /WAIT %systemroot%\setup\scripts\KMSpico_setup /VERYSILENT

REGEDIT /S %systemroot%\setup\scripts\Your.reg