On demand retrim? (be it software or command)

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Aenra, Dec 21, 2018.

1. Aenra

Aenra MDL Novice

Nov 15, 2016
    Am talking to people that know a lot more than i ever will, so to save us all some time, am aware of how to activate TRIM; that's assuming Windows doesn't automatically activate it anyway; not what i'm asking here.

The question is whether (and how most importantly), i can initiate a RETRIM command on my own. Manually, on demand, at any time of my choosing; no auto scheduling, no "Windows does it for you".
    Think Win10's Optimise volume cmdlet. Or the relevant 'Optimise Drives' shortcut.
    Have looked and looked, but apart from vendor specific software suites that ship with their NVMEs, i haven't found anything. If anyone can help here, i'd really appreciate it.

As always, thank you for reading :)

2. Joe C

Joe C MDL Guru

Jan 12, 2012
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. John Sutherland

John Sutherland MDL Addicted

Oct 15, 2014
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Aenra

Aenra MDL Novice

Nov 15, 2016
    Thank you both very much :)

I have two Samsung 960Pros and yes, going back to Win7, hence the post here; it's been a long while and i knew even less then than i do know (the horror, yes, lol), but i distinctly recall no similar function available, so had to ask.
    Interesting you both link this, had found it in a post from some random (non-win related) site, just a no description mediafire link; didn't want to chance it, but if you say it's fine, then fine it is.

Once again, sincerely apprecitae your help.

5. John Sutherland

John Sutherland MDL Addicted

Oct 15, 2014
  6. Aenra

Aenra MDL Novice

Nov 15, 2016
    Thank you John, reading now :)

7. Joe C

Joe C MDL Guru

Jan 12, 2012
  8. Aenra

Aenra MDL Novice

Nov 15, 2016
    Now i'm feeling dumb.. i'd have sworn there was no such option back when i installed it (think 1.0ish version) and i'd remember as that was the only reason i'd downloaded it in the first place.. can it be i'd overlooked it? Damn.

Will be formatting during this w/end, so i'll install it and see for myself.
    Can't believe i'd missed it. Thank you, lol