One Rollup Fix takes too long to update in UUPDump Integration

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by RobertX, Oct 10, 2022.

1. RobertX

RobertX MDL Member

Dec 6, 2014
    One of the rollup fixes always takes hours to integrate in the DISM automation when using the UUPDump download tool.

And then in the Windows 10 install phase, it also takes long to update.

Next time it happens, I'll report the offending file.

Has anyone experienced this and does anyone have an explanation?

Thanks.

2. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    With current builds it can take a while to integrate the LCU, it will seem to halt at 33% and 69%, it should not take hours but that also depends on the hardware you run the scripts on.

Also check the cmd window for "select...." in the titlebar, this will halt the entire cmd progress till you resume by right clicking in the cmd window.

3. RobertX

RobertX MDL Member

Dec 6, 2014
    Thanks for the answer.

If you can, can you illustrate the process?

Sorry if that's spoon-feeding, but I don't seem to understand.

4. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    In my experience it mostly is the AV (defender for me) causing the long pauses, when disabled by defender toggle bat by @AveYo, i don't notice the long pauses.

5. RobertX

RobertX MDL Member

Dec 6, 2014
    #5 RobertX, Oct 10, 2022
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2022
    (OP)
    Oh, OK.

Thanks!

I'll report back.

Much apologies for the spoon-feeding request.

EDIT: When I run Powerrun after I put the script in the same directory, do I just type:

Code:
    powerrun script.bat

EDIT: The reason for mentioning that was that I caught one of the posts that tell of using Power Run with a script that obliterates Defender Antivirus.

Because Enthousiast mentioned that he/she disabled his antivirus, I am trying to do that.

I have a question for you, Enthousiast, in order to prevent lag in installing Windows 10/11 OSes, do you take out Defender in your ISOs?

EDIT: I forgot to ask: I seemingly disabled Windows Updates, Windows Security, and Windows Defender Antivirus. I followed guides that hold my hand to disable Defender and Windows Updates.

If looking for such a guide is that easy, why are we trying to eradicate Windows Defender from our Windows setup?