One Shot Queston About Win8 & WMC Key

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by mattia9305, Jan 26, 2013.

1. mattia9305

mattia9305 MDL Novice

May 30, 2012
    If I well understood, now is no longer possibile to activate win8 with the key sent by microsoft.
    So, these keys (I have a pair of them) are useless?

2. mattia9305

mattia9305 MDL Novice

May 30, 2012
    Strange, I've understood that now If I add functionality with the WMC Key my Windows copy will be blocked.

3. maddog0266

maddog0266 MDL Expert

Apr 26, 2011
    No I have not seen anyone blocked yet or keys blocked yet.
    I have heard talk of some being deactivated. But then reactivated on re boot.

4. kaalki

kaalki MDL Novice

Jan 11, 2013
    the wmc key method of permanent activation is still working i activated 2 pc's with phone activation method yesterday hurry up:worthy:

5. No Saint

No Saint MDL Novice

Nov 23, 2010
    So there is a chance those of us just only using WMC key will get deactivated?

6. Josh Cell

Josh Cell MDL Developer

Jan 8, 2011
    All the chances.. :D

Windows 8 has bruteforce validation methods, and periodically your activation data is being verified against Microsoft Servers - While any problem = Your system has been deactivated instantly.

With PRO-KMS Activated it always occurs, data.dat method also. Is a question of time.

I say it because I have tested and proven all that in real machines, you are not safe with this activation even the WMC product key is from Microsoft.

Safest way = Genuine activated pro + Genuine WMC key.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. No Saint

No Saint MDL Novice

Nov 23, 2010
    I do have upgrade key only issue downgrade to win 8 pro isn't simple as just a restart or I am mistaken?

8. SeishiNui

SeishiNui MDL Novice

Jun 16, 2010
    #9 SeishiNui, Jan 30, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2017
    i did downgraded mine from activated WMC using emailed keys to pro only by doing the feature wherein you reset the system to default.
    that is, of course, after i backed-up personal files within the windows disk (C: drive) and since i never used microsoft store apps. the only thing needed when doing a reset is your installation media.

EDIT: added link for reference to the Reset Feature
    Code:
    windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-8/restore-refresh-reset-pc

9. No Saint

No Saint MDL Novice

Nov 23, 2010
    #10 No Saint, Jan 30, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2017
    Didn't realised that was possible. Anyway I went and use UpDown8 and upgrade on it.

Code:
    forums.mydigitallife.net/threads/36726-UpDown8-Windows-8-Upgrade-Downgrade-Helper
    No issues other than some softwares like openvpn & windows updates needs to be re-install again.