OneDrive and CCleaner bug

Discussion in 'Application Software' started by sacarias, Apr 26, 2022.

1. sacarias

sacarias MDL Junior Member

Nov 21, 2018
    A pal has a OneDrive active personal account, always running, with icon in right side of taskbar.

But there seems to be a bug with latest CCleaner -version 5.92 as of today-: whenever "Run cleaner", and logging out and back into desktop session, OneDrive credentials are lost and it asks to log in again.
    Contrary to what CCleaner forums claim, this doesn't happen at all when running Registry cleaner at all, but when clicking "Run cleaner". And better: I tested by unchecking *everything* to be cleaned, so "Run cleaner" says "0 bytes cleaned"; yet the issue happens.

Is this a bug with current CCleaner?

2. kaljukass

kaljukass MDL Guru

Nov 26, 2012
    No, this is not a problem with CCleaner. This is a problem in Windows 11 where it does not always save all data.
    It happens especially in older and slower computers.
    PS. I haven't detected any problems with CCleaner 5.92.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
  4. kaljukass

kaljukass MDL Guru

Nov 26, 2012
    #4 kaljukass, Apr 26, 2022
    Last edited: Apr 26, 2022
    There is no need to search for any articles.
    If you want, believe CCleaner is to blame, but how would you explain if CCleaner is not used and has never been used on a computer running Windows 11 version 22000.xxx and everything is exactly as described above? Is CCleaner still to blame?
    I have been a test user of Windows 11 since its early days and have read thousands of articles, as well as personally tried it all out and have personal experience.
    So I'm not going to look for any articles, anyone can do it themselves if they think it's necessary.
    Those who do not want to do so can always opt out of CCleaner and make sure nothing changes.
    It's up to you to decide whether to try it yourself or believe any articles.
    NB! Including, no one has to believe my statement, because you can test it all yourself.

PS. I forgot one little thing - not only is OneDrive behaving like this, but several other Microsoft programs and services that don't actually require you to sign in again, but sign-in confirmation that you're still yourself, not someone else, who have been logged into your computer.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. sacarias

sacarias MDL Junior Member

Nov 21, 2018
    Thanks everyone.

The rig is not old/slow, but actually just couple of years old, more recent model.

Why have cleaner tools become baffling nowadays?