OneDrive "un-deletable" in Win 10 LTSB

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by YOUNEEDTOLOGINTOVIEWTHIS, Feb 24, 2018.

1. YOUNEEDTOLOGINTOVIEWTHIS

YOUNEEDTOLOGINTOVIEWTHIS MDL Junior Member

Feb 18, 2018
    Hey all,

Trying to uninstall OneDrive from Windows 10 LTSB, but in both "Programs and Features" and in Settings>System>Apps-and-Features it just says I have no programs installed on this computer. It's a new install, I tried restarting the computer a dozen times and waiting while I do my typical customization but it still never shows up, and I don't want to install any programs until I've made a ONEDRIVE-LESS initial backup haha

By the way, OD was easily uninstalled from several Virtualbox machines. Why am I suddenly having this problem on a clean hardware install?

I tried both leaving it on and disabling it in GPEDIT.MSC and there's no change. Google is no help.

How do I get OD to appear in Programs and Features so I can make sure it's removed? It's currently disabled through GPEDIT if that matters. Please help...

Thanks!

2. John Sutherland

John Sutherland MDL Addicted

Oct 15, 2014
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. yomoma2

yomoma2 MDL Senior Member

Feb 27, 2010
    #3 yomoma2, Feb 24, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 24, 2018
    I still use this cmd with success on VM's, you could try it (a few posts bellow there's an improved version too). link

4. YOUNEEDTOLOGINTOVIEWTHIS

Feb 18, 2018
    Thanks guys,

I'm trying to uninstall it without installing any additional programs though (so no standalone uninstallers etc... pls). I'm trying to just make a "perfect" barebones system right now that I can backup and then I'll install stuff.

I found OneDriveSetup.exe in my SysWOW64 folder... If I run "OneDriveSetup.exe /uninstall", would that be the exact same command as using the uninstall option in the Programs and Features GUI? Or would using the GUI remove it more completely?

I've corrupted more windows installations than I care to admit with my initial ricing so I don't want to do anything until I'm sure it's the best way to do it.

Thank you for your help :)

5. YOUNEEDTOLOGINTOVIEWTHIS

Feb 18, 2018
    #5 YOUNEEDTOLOGINTOVIEWTHIS, Feb 24, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 24, 2018
    (OP)
    Hey I looked through that thread a bit more, you mean the improved one from GOD666? It looks good.

But, wouldn't uninstalling it from Programs and Features be even more thorough?

...I've tried removing OD with scripts on other installs and there's always been some crumbs left over that I could never get rid of without tearing apart the registry.

6. YOUNEEDTOLOGINTOVIEWTHIS

Feb 18, 2018
    Also, maybe this is related to my issues... After I disable OD from GPEDIT.MSC, it still shows up in my start menu but I can't click on it. Is it supposed to still be there after it's disabled?

Sorry I usually use linux so this lack of transparency is really frustrating

7. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    Use MRP when installing windows and select: "prevent onedrive from being installed", it will delete the runonce that installs it during windows install.

8. YOUNEEDTOLOGINTOVIEWTHIS

Feb 18, 2018
    What about for a live system? I'd rather not go through all that just because a GUI option is missing.

I'm starting to think the answer to "Which would work better, the real uninstaller from Programs and Features or the batch script?" is just "Nobody knows because its all closed source..." Is that right?

9. pf100

pf100 Duct Tape Coder

Oct 22, 2010
    Literally almost every privacy tool out allows you to disable onedrive.

10. eddo2018

eddo2018 MDL Junior Member

Jan 6, 2018
    Just remove it properly, using dism or install_wim_twaek.exe

11. Best and clean method to remove onedrive from all areas is following script. save it as .bat in notepad and run as admin
    Code:
    @echo off
    cls

set x86="%SYSTEMROOT%\System32\OneDriveSetup.exe"
    set x64="%SYSTEMROOT%\SysWOW64\OneDriveSetup.exe"

echo Closing OneDrive process.
    echo.
    taskkill /f /im OneDrive.exe > NUL 2>&1
    ping 127.0.0.1 -n 5 > NUL 2>&1

echo Uninstalling OneDrive.
    echo.
    if exist %x64% (
    %x64% /uninstall
    ) else (
    %x86% /uninstall
    )
    ping 127.0.0.1 -n 5 > NUL 2>&1

echo Removing OneDrive leftovers.
    echo.
    rd "%USERPROFILE%\OneDrive" /Q /S > NUL 2>&1
    rd "C:\OneDriveTemp" /Q /S > NUL 2>&1
    rd "%LOCALAPPDATA%\Microsoft\OneDrive" /Q /S > NUL 2>&1
    rd "%PROGRAMDATA%\Microsoft OneDrive" /Q /S > NUL 2>&1

echo Removeing OneDrive from the Explorer Side Panel.
    echo.
    REG DELETE "HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{018D5C66-4533-4307-9B53-224DE2ED1FE6}" /f > NUL 2>&1
    REG DELETE "HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Wow6432Node\CLSID\{018D5C66-4533-4307-9B53-224DE2ED1FE6}" /f > NUL 2>&1

pause

12. YOUNEEDTOLOGINTOVIEWTHIS

Feb 18, 2018
    Thanks! What's the point of the "ping 127.0.0.1 -n 5 > NUL 2>&1" though?

Why is that better?

...Also, is it just me or is win 10 ltsb supposed to allow you to uninstall onedrive?

13. pf100

pf100 Duct Tape Coder

Oct 22, 2010
    Pinging "127.0.0.1" 5 times takes about 2 seconds, so it would be roughly the same as "timeout /t 2 >nul 2>&1".
    In this case the script is hard coded to wait 2 seconds for taskkill to kill onedrive.exe before uninstalling onedrive, then wait for 2 seconds after that, then proceed. It gives a little extra time for things to finish up. The code looks okay.
    No, LTSB itself does not offer you any method to uninstall onedrive, just disable it.