OneDrive Windows 10 crashing repeatedly

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by crazyfool123, Aug 19, 2015.

1. crazyfool123

crazyfool123 MDL Novice

Aug 8, 2015
    Hi

I'm using OneDrive on a Windows 10 Home which I upgraded from Windows 8.1 on an ASUS Q551LN.

I used OneDrive for 3 days without problems. Around 3 GB of data synced on local machine folder and the onedrive site. Yesterday I didn't need a folder (around 1 GB) and deleted it on the onedrive site. I then went to the Recycle Bin on the onedrive site and emptied it. Since that time, OneDrive is not working.

It shows 'processing changes' but crashes (I know this because when I hover the mouse where it would show progress the icon disappears because it has crashed). When I open OneDrive again using the start menu or restart machine, same process repeats: icon shows up, 'processing..' but crashes within few seconds. If I try to right-click and open something like Settings, it shows the 'OneDrive has stopped responding message'. After 50+ attempts and 10+ restarts since yesterday its not working.

Here's the error log of latest crash from Event Viewer:
    Faulting application name: OneDrive.exe, version: 17.3.5907.716, time stamp: 0x55a75c82
    Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 10.0.10240.16384, time stamp: 0x559f3b2a
    Exception code: 0x80000003
    Fault offset: 0x00132bd2
    Faulting process id: 0x4dc
    Faulting application start time: 0x01d0dab9f1ddc7dc
    Faulting application path: C:\Users\ADMIN\AppData\Local\Microsoft\OneDrive\OneDrive.exe
    Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\KERNELBASE.dll
    Report Id: 0fb4815b-5d2d-4747-9f40-f0db08a7bca1
    Faulting package full name:
    Faulting package-relative application ID:

This fault means OneDrive is completely unusable now. Pls help.

2. dhjohns

dhjohns MDL Guru

Sep 5, 2013
    I had this issue before, and it really sucked. OneDrive was unusable, and I depend on OneDrive to keep my files safe. I did hours of research, and tried everything, but could not fix it. I think if you do an inplace upgrade with your OS, then it should be fixed. Click setup on the install media, and let her rip. Otherwise you would need to wipe, and reinstall, or do a recovery where only your personal stuff is saved. Probably not the answer you were hoping for, but it is the best answer I have for you.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. odiebugs1

odiebugs1 MDL Expert

Jul 30, 2015
    Have you tried opening CMD as admin and type """ regsvr32 KERNELBASE.DLL """ enter, and then do a cold boot. Restart. Then run """ sfc /scannow """ as admin.

4. crazyfool123

crazyfool123 MDL Novice

Aug 8, 2015
    Thanks for the reply. I did not follow this part:

My Windows 10 has latest updates. Were you talking about reformatting the machine?

5. crazyfool123

crazyfool123 MDL Novice

Aug 8, 2015
    Thanks for reply.
    For regsvr32:

"The module 'KERNALBASE.dll' was loaded but the entry-point DllRegisterServer was not found. Make sure that 'KERNELBASE.dll' is a valid DLL or OCX file and then try again.

sfc /scannow:

"did not find any integrity violations."