Only on "Enterprise N" - Lenovo Tablet [Autorotation missing, camera fails]

Discussion in 'Windows 11' started by itsmemario1, Oct 6, 2022.

1. itsmemario1

itsmemario1 MDL Expert

Sep 10, 2012
    Win 11 Home and Pro work fine on this "Lenovo IdeaPad Duet 3".
    Everything works as expected, so does the autorotation of the screen and the camera.

So I installed "11 Enterprise N" on a Lenovo Tablet.

All drivers install automatically as well as soon as connected to the internet.

Just auto screen rotation will not work out of the box and the camera window will fail.
    Auto Rotation is even missing in Windows Settings and trying to add it by registry wont work either.

Only the Intel Control Center will let me create custom keys to rotate the screen.
    (if I do it too often (too fast?) the intel control center will hand out a "failed message", but keeps working)

The camera failes with a "failed to open window"

I was aware that the Media Player and some codecs are missing, but I wasnt aware this would happen as well.

Is there maybe a "trick" to "fix" these "limitations" ?

p.s.
    Some mobile devices I installed WIndows 11 on, detected WiFi signals on installation, but later required the WiFi driver to acces a WiFi network. Is there a "standard" driver beeing used on installation ?

2. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    Did you install the MFP?

Or better: stop using the crippled by design (by demand of EU laws) N versions?

3. itsmemario1

itsmemario1 MDL Expert

Sep 10, 2012

No, I did not install the Media Feature Pack, as it was a real quick out of the box experiment.
    But it might be worth a try the next time I get hands on such tablet devices, as it makes sense because of the missing "video stuff" aka. MFP.

But the experiment was aimed at "Enterprise N" this time. With MFP set up I could probably just install Enterprise or Pro to avoid this scenario.

Ya, crippled is the right word.

4. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
  5. itsmemario1

itsmemario1 MDL Expert

Sep 10, 2012
    Sensor Monitoring Service, see see. :O

Since 4 years, now that is truly interesting @Tito .
    I couldnt find any similar search results. Appreciated !

Or maybe it returned after some years ? No solutions posted there either.

I might go for the Media Feature Pack on the weekend again, if I find some sparetime for this again.

6. whitestar_999

whitestar_999 MDL Addicted

Dec 9, 2011
    In my experience of reading the comments over here over the years, installing MFP on N edition does not solve all issues all the time.