Open 7 Activator Unsuported

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by stasioau, Jan 20, 2010.

1. stasioau

stasioau MDL Novice

Jan 20, 2010
    Hi
    I am very new in this fantastic Forum. Very glad to be there.
    Have Win7 x32,NET v.3.5 and try 9open "Open 7 Activator". Can not copy key into and have "Unsupported Operation System"
    Will appreciate help please.
    Best regards

2. sam3971

sam3971 MDL Guru

Nov 14, 2008
    What edition of win7 do you have, is it Enterprise?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. HotCarl

HotCarl MDL Addicted

Jul 21, 2009
    What version of Open 7 Activator are you using?
    (e.g. is it the original, or the one that I modified?)

What operating system are you running?

...need more information.

4. stasioau

stasioau MDL Novice

Jan 20, 2010
    #4 stasioau, Jan 21, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2010
    (OP)
    I am using Windows 7 Nvidia, x32 as OS.
    This is Open 7 Activator from this side from your post. This is O7a_v1.2.7
    Regards

5. HotCarl

HotCarl MDL Addicted

Jul 21, 2009
    That is precisely why some loaders are not working for you. The registry key that holds the information about the version of Windows you have has been modified.

To get an activator working on your OS, you will need to run the registry editor by clicking the Start button and in the run/search bar, type "regedit.exe" (without the quotes) and press enter.

When the registry editor opens, navigate to: "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion"

From there, right click on "EditionId" and select "Modify...".
    Type in "Ultimate". Click [OK].

Now run O7A... ;)

6. stasioau

stasioau MDL Novice

Jan 20, 2010
    I did like you said. There was Ultimate. I change it for Nvidia, restart, change for Ultimate again, restart. Unfortunately can not run O7A.
    Regards

7. Rosco

Rosco MDL Addicted

Oct 29, 2007
    Not to imply that you're not with it - BUT - Have you checked if it was a pre-activated DVD you used ? Never heard of Windows 7 Nvidia - sounds like a tampered DVD ISO.

Check Control Panel ->System.

You may already be activated.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  8. tuvi123

tuvi123 MDL Addicted

Jul 29, 2009
    What is the build number? Is it 7600.16385.090713-1255 (7600.win7_rtm.090713-1255)?
    Please run O7A again, click on the "Show Windows Activation Station", and write here the "Build" and "Edition" readout information.

9. stasioau

stasioau MDL Novice

Jan 20, 2010
    I do not have "Show Windows Activation Station". Title is: Open 7 Activator-Unsupported OS... All cells are shadows not working. Only mouse information is on Certificate...Product Key, loader, and help.
    Regards

10. HotCarl

HotCarl MDL Addicted

Jul 21, 2009
    #10 HotCarl, Jan 21, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2010
    If you looked at the registry key that I told you to and it says "Ultimate" already then you can try to check the "ProductName" value (still under "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion") to ensure it says "Windows 7 Ultimate".

You can also try to search the registry for "Windows 7 Nvidia" (or whatever that edition of Windows 7 is called) and change it back to the normal value to see if that will solve the problem...

Someone has modified the edition of windows in the version you installed...most likely because whoever did it thought it would be cool or neat to do that... But the side-effect of that is now any programs you run that depend on Windows reporting the correct edition will now fail to run properly.

So, basically O7A (or any other program that relies on the edition of Windows to be correct) will not run on that hacked edition of Windows until the edition strings are changed back to normal... All the author had to do was leave the normal edition intact so Windows would report the correct edition...but sadly the people who create these hacked versions of Windows dont think about these things (how changing the edition that the OS reports will affect 3rd party software) and users end up with problems like these that could easily have been avoided...

11. Superfly

Superfly MDL Expert

Jan 12, 2010
    Agree HC - Why o' why peepl keep tampering with the registry???!!!! :confused:

@stasioau
    Learn your lesson!! - get only original iso's!!! Modify it yourself if you have to - else you know not what the hell you getting!!!:eek:

12. stasioau

stasioau MDL Novice

Jan 20, 2010
    Let me share with you what I did.
    I get DVD ISO Win7x32/x64 Ultimate modelA.
    Install in clean hard disk as only one OS
    Used one of the simply activator and activate it permanently but activator did it as modelB
    Now I can not update/repair my modelA using original modelA disk.
    Was thinking when i use Open 7 Activator will correct this problem.
    But can not run Open 7.
    Best regards

13. HotCarl

HotCarl MDL Addicted

Jul 21, 2009
    #13 HotCarl, Jan 22, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 22, 2010

I am sorry that you are having this issue. You can force O7A to work by doing this:

If you navigate to the following registry key:

"HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion"

...and change the value of "ProductName" to "Windows 7 Ultimate"

Now, close the registry editor after you change that value and do not reboot, instead just run O7A and it should run...

In the future I will consider querying WMI for the edition to ensure that stuff like this does not happen in the future (that is assuming WMI returns the proper edition on a hacked up version of Windows :p)...

EDIT: This is just a work-around to get O7A working on your hacked version of Windows. This should never have to be done under normal circumstances... ;)

14. PAYMYRENT

PAYMYRENT MDL Developer

Jul 28, 2009
    @HotCarl

i sent you a pm

15. stasioau

stasioau MDL Novice

Jan 20, 2010
    I did it. Still unsupported.I think that my previous activation has conflict with Open 7. But I do not know how to delete it.
    Thank you so much for your time, I appreciate your assistance guys.
    With my best regards

16. stasioau

stasioau MDL Novice

Jan 20, 2010
    PS I am reading your "Win7 repository" and looks how many mistake I made. Sooner not later will start Win7 as per Repository information.
    Regards