Open Command Prompt (with & without Admin) Here

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by DeathStalker77, Oct 11, 2020.

1. DeathStalker77

DeathStalker77 MDL Addicted

Nov 8, 2009
    In the current release, how can I do this? Even though I don't have Powershell as the default Shift+Rt Click give me only the Powershell option. Other reg hacks I've found do not work either.

Thanks! :)

2. microtechton

microtechton MDL Member

Sep 11, 2018
    For without admin, what I do is open the folder, and type in "cmd" in the address bar and press enter.

3. pf100

pf100 Duct Tape Coder

Oct 22, 2010
  4. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
  5. kaljukass

kaljukass MDL Guru

Nov 26, 2012
    Very interesting, I can't find anything that has changed. Everything is the same.
    Could you tell me what Shift + Rt means
    Maybe you have some bad scripts?
    Open manually as suggested in the previous post or put into mouse right-click menus.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. Gharlane00

Gharlane00 MDL Addicted

Aug 26, 2009
  7. DeathStalker77

Nov 8, 2009
    I'll give those REG DLs a try :) Thanks.

8. DeathStalker77

Nov 8, 2009
    That reg file worked :)

9. AveYo

AveYo MDL Expert

Feb 10, 2009
    #9 AveYo, Oct 11, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2020
    As an alternative you might want to try my portable, optimized 'Send to' --> Admin CMD here shortcut.
    It's a native solution that does not get slowed down by powershell (and Defender) - opens in a blink of an eye :)
    Code:
    ##  Copy-paste into a powershell console                                       a native, compact and portable alternative by AveYo
    $Admin=join-path $([Environment]::GetFolderPath('ApplicationData')) -Child 'Microsoft\Windows\SendTo\Admin CMD here.lnk'; $bits=''
    $CMD=('T',5,'EUAg',6,'w',8,'EaAo3QD',22,'E',26,'Q',19,'BQDAAABAACgJWNvbXNwZWMl',335,'lAGMAbwBtAHMAcABlAGMAJQ',670)
    $CMD|%{if($_-is[int]){$bits+='A'*$_}else{$bits+=$_}}; [IO.File]::WriteAllBytes($Admin,[Convert]::FromBase64String($bits))
    $lnk=(new-object -ComObject 'WScript.Shell').CreateShortcut($Admin);
    $lnk.Arguments='/k doskey \=exit && echo Enter \ to close . . . && 2>nul pushd'; $lnk.Save()
    #-_-#  Press Enter to generate 'Send to' - Admin CMD here shortcut  

edit: In case is was not clear, this is only needed one time, it will generate a new shortcut in Send to folder pointing to %comspec% so it's portable on any pc.
    then to use, just right-click any directory and select send to - admin cmd here

Code:
    :::: Run as administrator via cmd shortcut by AveYo                            no ps\vbs, proper parameters pass, loop guard + var
    fltmc >nul||(set\=\5 EUAg \6 w \8 EaAo3QD \22 E \26 Q \19 BQDAAABAACgJWNvbXNwZWMl \335 lAGMAbwBtAHMAcABlAGMAJQ \670 &pushd "%tmp%"
    cmd/v:on/q/r "set.=T&(for %%i in (!\!)do if %%i==%%~ni (set.=!.!%%i) else for /l %%j in (1,1,%%~ni)do set.=!.!A)&echo/!.!>cmd.lnk"
    certutil/decode -f cmd.lnk cmd.lnk>nul&popd&(if +%+% neq +A "%tmp%\cmd.lnk"/rset+=A^& start cmd /d/rcall "%~f0" %*||pause)&exit/b)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  10. Windows_Addict

Windows_Addict MDL Expert

Jul 19, 2018
  11. AveYo

AveYo MDL Expert

Feb 10, 2009
    I'm not a fan of polluting the context menu with every little thing that I will only use rarely. Well, except WUT :)
    The registry is also not very friendly. In contrast, Send to item can be copied / moved / deleted easily
    Anyway, the batch autoelevate snippet came first, I just adjusted it for this topic as I felt it better than the probably s**tty 10forums solution. Just look at the screncap posted by Enthusiast - it had a huge delay!