[Opinion] KMPlayer - the best media player!!!

Discussion in 'Application Software' started by Matrix Leader, Oct 16, 2010.

1. Matrix Leader

Matrix Leader MDL Addicted

Dec 8, 2009
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. bseos

bseos MDL Member

Dec 5, 2007
    hmm might have to try it out, VLC has recently begun to fail me, not playing certain files over my NAS device.
    However i cannot fault media player classic, its truly something else.

3. Matrix Leader

Dec 8, 2009
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. gamepoint

gamepoint MDL Senior Member

Jan 4, 2010
    mpc home cinema..64 bit available..very light on system..evethough the UI sucks

5. JAMESCLINTON

JAMESCLINTON MDL Novice

Jul 29, 2009
    Try Splash Lite!!

6. zbteck

zbteck MDL Member

Jul 27, 2009
    I play my videos using PotPlayer. Very good using DXVA for MPEG2 and HD videos.

7. BibuConn

BibuConn MDL Novice

Nov 19, 2009
    I love Kmplayer, but I can only use it on my Windows 7 OS. For the longest time it's given me problems on XP. Used to work, but then I just started getting this error whenever I'd try to open it:

Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item.

Never been able to fix that issue.

8. juzz

juzz MDL Member

Jun 28, 2008
    #11 juzz, Oct 18, 2010
    Last edited: Oct 18, 2010
    Where do you need UI on media player rly. Double-click file and watch the clip :p

+1 to mpc-hc

EDIT:
    click mouse for pause/unpause
    double-click to switch between windowed/FS
    seek bar auto-hides on FS mode

9. SupremeSabre

SupremeSabre MDL Junior Member

Oct 22, 2010
    Been using KMP for years and i never looked back. There's nothing kmplayer can't do. In fact you don't even need k-lite pack as KMPlayer can play everything already. The latest beta ---1438 is great and fixes all the minor issues i used to have. Make sure you download from the official forums as other sources might bundle it with junkware.

10. dmsind

dmsind MDL Novice

Oct 29, 2009
    KMplayer

I have used KMPlayer for years! Love it, used it on XP now use it on Win 7! The best player out there

11. Polymath

Polymath MDL Novice

Dec 11, 2009
    I too have used KMPlayer for years, used to use vlc but found it's interface increasingly annoying along with it's growing bloat. KMPlayer is slick, is light on resources and plays pretty much everything video or audio. Still have media player classic for the odd fractured wmv that cause most other players to choke and freeze.

12. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    Just had a look at KMplayer webpage i see they have added ASK Toolbar installation so I will stick with VLC :)

13. Matrix Leader

Dec 8, 2009
    True just noticed that too :(

Sticking with VLC as well.

14. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
    K-Lite Mega Codec Pack + WMP = the best combination.....

15. acyuta

acyuta MDL Expert

Mar 8, 2010
    #18 acyuta, Oct 25, 2010
    Last edited: Oct 25, 2010
    At one time, had used all major media players such as VLC, GOM, BS, KM, MediaPlayer Classic. Found VLC to be the most versatile and most suited to my needs with GOM having perhaps the best look. Have been using vlc and not tried any other since early-2010.

Tito: in windows 7, you do not need codecs and vlc plays almost anything.

16. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
    Well, the inbuilt codecs in Windows 7 are good, but not always preferable, especially in case of playing hd audios and videos. Also I love WMP, so I choose K-Lite, as it installs the perfect codecs for playing the files in WMP and also installs MPC-HC, which is itself a wonderful player. I often use vlc as a second preference, but it uses its own plugins, so I miss WMP....

17. acyuta

acyuta MDL Expert

Mar 8, 2010
    Yes, K-lite may be needed for WMP, but at least for me, K-lite uninstall creates system wide problems. I prefer to not install codecs now with windows 7. For media needs, VLC plays all movie files (with a more than 99% success rate over last 10 mths, can play subtitles with 99% accuracy). Music can also be played, which I generally do not play much on my PC but use WMP/itunes.

iso files: they do need to be mounted to be played???