Optiarc DVD RW 24x SATA - AD5260S drive not detected on Windows 8.1 pro x64

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by Sully Kubillas, Jun 12, 2014.

1. Sully Kubillas

Sully Kubillas MDL Novice

Mar 17, 2014
    Hi,

I installed Windows 8.1 pro x64 on my PC and installed the drivers through Driver Pack Solution 13. Everything seem running well but I noticed that the DVD drive is no longer detected in "This PC" window as wel as in Device Manager and Disk Management. I shall be grateful if you would help me fixing this problem. Many thanks,

Sully

2. endbase

endbase MDL Guru

Aug 12, 2012
    Check device manager for unknown devices maybe a driver is missing

And to be sure check bios if it is there when starting up

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. eydee

eydee Guest

That translates to "I f....ed up my system". Start over, reinstall windows, then get drivers from the motherboard/video card/etc manufacturer. Don't be lazy, it brings problems like this.

4. Mr.X

Mr.X MDL Guru

Jul 14, 2013
    You are very disrespectful and rude with others, you should be moderated by someone. Stop being harsh.:mad:

5. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    First step should be to check the Drive is "seen" by the BIOS!! Start the computer and open the BIOS using it Hot Key (Del or F2) and if seen, insert an bootable CD/DVD and restart. Now use the Hot Key for Bootmanager (F11, F12, F8, depend on the MOBO) and try to boot from that drive. If it does, it's a problem of Windows, if it doesn't, it's a problem of the drive!

In Windows own Device Manager, the DVD Drive should be seen under DVD/CD-ROM drives and if there's a driver problem there will be a yellow Question mark. Here you could check out the error what the problem maybe is!

As others told, normally all DVD/CD Drives are today detected utomatically by Windows and there's no need of extra drivers! If problems carry on, please post actual screen shots of ALL errors and messages!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. eydee

eydee Guest

Your location shows Mexico and still, you sound like a liberal EU politician. Thing is, ***licking won't fix anything. Get over it.

7. murphy78

murphy78 MDL DISM Enthusiast

Nov 18, 2012
    Some people are just sadists. We actually have quite a few of them on this board.
    His advice was sound, though... The driverpack programs are garbage that often cause nearly un-repairable damage to the drivers.
    It is much easier to re-install than to talk someone through a fix.

8. eydee

eydee Guest

Still remember what I did to your eye? LOL... :D

9. Bytebuster

Bytebuster MDL Addicted

Apr 30, 2013
    ...nah mate imo it translates to "I didn''t know better...... turns out I made a mistake - can you help me please?".

I understand were you are coming from - As Murph said, your advice is sound.

No need for '***licking' but fine-tune the personalization of your messages to your audience and everybody is happy. ;)

10. eydee

eydee Guest

Yes, sir, I'll try.