Optional installation of Service Pack 1 installation during install process

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by haevan, Oct 6, 2011.

1. haevan

haevan MDL Novice

Dec 4, 2009
    Hi,

First... this is my very first thread started in this community, and this is not my natural language, please, if this thread is not in a place it must, move it... and sorry in advance

I was thinking about a way to slipstream SP1 to Windows 7 install ISO and a way to optionally select it during install. If selected install process will install Windows 7 (any edition, the selected one if there is many to select) w/ SP1, if not it will install only Windows 7 (the selected edition in case it could be optional) w/o SP1. Is it possible? I wonder how... please tell us, or answer with a link to the thread to the answer

thanks in advance, and excuse me for my low level english language

PS: If it is not posible, would something relatively similar could be posible? (i ask a question quite open... voluntarily)

2. jlgager

jlgager MDL Developer

Oct 30, 2009
    Why would you want to not install SP1 when it has all the current updates installed to make windows 7 more secure. As far as I know making that optional is not possible as the install disk does not let you customize the menu options like that.

3. MSMG

MSMG MDL Developer

Jul 15, 2011
    Well, you can include images of Windows 7 Gold and SP1 Edition into one single install.wim and then while installing the OS you can select the Windows 7 with or without SP1..:)

4. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007