Optional update: Acer-Display-GR276HL. Who knows more about it?

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by Mazrim Taim, Mar 31, 2012.

1. Mazrim Taim

Mazrim Taim MDL Member

Feb 23, 2012
  2. maya77

maya77 MDL Member

Aug 30, 2009
    It's driver for your monitor. If you don't like it just right-click -> Hide Update.

3. Brainsuck

Brainsuck MDL Addicted

Oct 9, 2009
    Got this win 7 to and I use a toshiba tv

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Mazrim Taim

Mazrim Taim MDL Member

Feb 23, 2012

I already figured out that it has something to do with a monitor. ;)

What I don't understand is why Windows 8 CP offered the update. I'm running it on a laptop that's also running Vista and Windows 7. So all are using the same system, and yet W8-CP is the only one that showed the update.

And because it is causing problems, I'm not installing it again. I'd just like to find out if the problem is on my end, or if Windows Update on W8-CP isn't functioning properly.

5. maya77

maya77 MDL Member

Aug 30, 2009
    Vista and Seven will not show it because it's update for Win8 only. :)

6. Jaycee13

Jaycee13 MDL Senior Member

Apr 18, 2011
    I guess it appears anywhere. I have also this optional update on my ASUS laptop.. This update also appear previously in WDP. :waycon1:

7. Dragonluna

Dragonluna MDL Novice

Apr 5, 2012
    #8 Dragonluna, Apr 5, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 5, 2012
    Hi Mazrim I'm having the same problem with the resolution.

I have a laptop with an issue with the video card (I think it needs reballing) so right now it works "with out it" and in my screen I have vertical lines all the time :/
    So when I saw the update I said "lets give it a try", but everything got worse
    :mad:, just like you it mess up my screen even more. Now I can't change the resolution.

Can you please help me? As soon as I see the problem I tried System restore (even twice :p) but nothing. On update history I can see the update is still there.
    Any way to uninstall it?
    Or do I need to download an old driver. (if so, wich one? I dont wanna download video drivers cause them will make my laptop stop working because of the video card issue)

PD: On "update history" I can see 6 updates of that day including the acer one.
    And on "Uninstall an Update" I can see 6 too (but none has the acer name :( )

Ok, so right now im trying the
    Roll Back
    (I didnt know anout it) but nor in Video nor display let me Roll back. Where should I do it. Help me please (As you can see Im kind of new on this things)

8. Dragonluna

Dragonluna MDL Novice

Apr 5, 2012
    #10 Dragonluna, Apr 5, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 6, 2012
    I did all, but when I made it to roll back I have it disable (just like in your screenshot) :(
    Guess I'll try to uninstall the 6 updates from that day, hope it won't get it worse. those are for windows defender and microsoft.net framework. Or should I try something else.

Ok I uninstall some updates and restar but the same and the some updates reappeared and all the others change their date to 5-Apr, now I dont know what to do hahaha