Original bios for Sony Vaio VGN-FS790

Discussion in 'PC Hardware' started by roy514, Jul 6, 2012.

1. roy514

roy514 MDL Novice

Jul 2, 2012
    does anyone still using this old laptop? Sony Vaio vgn-fs790? if so, i really need a copy of it's original bios if anyone's kind enough to post it here or a backup copy of their original bios. much appreciated if someone will :).
    and any tutorials on how to change cmos battery or any diassembly of this model. been googling it for ages and no results come out.. well i guess it really is that old :), but still hoping..

2. griffinforrest

griffinforrest MDL Novice

Jul 11, 2012
    the battery is (2/V15H 2.4v). it a real pain to get to. its located right next to the HDD, but on the top side of mainboard, so you gotta pretty much disassemble the whole unit to get to it. thats if you can find one. crappy deal all the way around! :throw: out of curiosity, what do you need original bios for? the unit i was working on already had newer one or i woulda got it for you. sorry....well and good luck. hit me up if you have any more questions. G-

3. roy514

roy514 MDL Novice

Jul 2, 2012
    thnx for the info.. i almost got to the cmos battery a few days ago but i got scared disassembling the whole thing because of too many screws ehehe.. i might end up with a laptop not working after putting it together.. sigh.. Dell laptops are much easier servicing than this.. well.. almost.. where in the world did sony find such engineers designing this thing? ehehehe..
    as for the old bios, i was thinking of, if possible, re-flashing it or dowgrading from it's newer bios.. ( well.. like what i was doing with my PSP haha.. )