Original OS Iso

Discussion in 'Windows XP / Older OS' started by duesouth, Jul 10, 2016.

1. duesouth

duesouth MDL Novice

Jun 24, 2016
    #1 duesouth, Jul 10, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 10, 2016
    Here is a small contribution to the site. I have learned much (or rather relearned much I have forgotten:confused:) It is an original CTB Computers OS that many of us have searched for, and
    many may have. But for those who are always searching for the "middle OS Iso", and I MEAN original,
    I have compiled it and will upload it early AM 11 July to my cloud.

I have to do it between 2am and 8am to save my bandwidth. I think all will be pleasantly surprised.
    At least I hope so. I will leave it to you as to how to play with it.

Thank you all for a wonderfull site, so full of information.:party_time:

I am sorry for being cryptic but PM me only for the link and the explanation and I will return it as
    soon as I can.

2. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    May I ask what OS you're talking about? When i search "CTB Computers OS" i only get ransomware posts.

3. duesouth

duesouth MDL Novice

Jun 24, 2016
    It is not ransomeware. I googled it to and found the same thing. CTB stands for "Came to Believe". And if anyone knows a thing about Bill Wilson, then you will know what I am about. I would never intentionally do anything to
    any one to cause harm to them, altho I am capable.

4. BrianCohen

BrianCohen Guest

bill wilson? cut the cryptic. this smells iffy.

5. kaljukass

kaljukass MDL Guru

Nov 26, 2012
    It is possibly you understood correctly.
    I also tried to guess, but I could not. Sometimes still happens on the Internet, that there is written about things, that are not there (doesn't exist), but even better, they are often sold. And there are always many buyers.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. sml156

sml156 MDL Member

Sep 8, 2009
    #6 sml156, Jul 10, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2017
    I gave up trying to google this after this google search
    Code:
    CTB Computers operating system "Came to Believe" -ransomware -cad -locker -remove -supermicro
    Found nothing, As far as Google is concerned it does not exist

Maybe I should change "Came to Believe" to "C+++ teasing bit++"

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. BrianCohen

BrianCohen Guest

someone lock this topic.

8. BrianCohen

BrianCohen Guest

if it smells like :poop: and looks like :poop: then it probably is a :poop:

9. EFA11

EFA11 Avatar Guru

Oct 7, 2010
  10. BrianCohen

BrianCohen Guest

better AA than jehovas witnesses :laie:

11. EFA11

EFA11 Avatar Guru

Oct 7, 2010
    and nobody should be insulted by that since --if my understanding is correct-- they find the internet appalling. Hell so do I and I still use it :D

12. kaljukass

kaljukass MDL Guru

Nov 26, 2012
  13. BrianCohen

BrianCohen Guest

in the name of all that is holy,,

LOCK THREAD PLEASE. :mad:

14. duesouth

duesouth MDL Novice

Jun 24, 2016
    EFA11, You are correct:p The OS is WinXP, :p the very first edition from 1985 I believe. And because it is creating so much hub-bub, I am having doubts about spending my satellite bandwidth to upload this.

It seems that some have taken a sincere desire to contribute, and turn it into a conspiracy of sorts is very unbecoming. I have noticed that anything and most things having to do with this OS have been negated or edited
    to remove reference to it.

So what I will do is this, PM me and I will provide the links. I have an unattended ISO & the original files from the disk. You may do with it as you please. Anything I would like to contribute in the future will need to be thought out better.

15. TrustMe

TrustMe MDL Member

May 2, 2013
    If you would have not been so cryptic in your first post people would have not been so skeptical. You should have said this in your first post.

16. BrianCohen

BrianCohen Guest

i aint alan turing for christs sake. why didnt he just say that in the 1st place? :mad:

17. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    Just post iso file hash and subject can be closed. no need for P.M.

18. Oz

Oz MDL Expert

Sep 1, 2009
    #20 Oz, Jul 10, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 10, 2016
    Windows XP was RTM in August 2001, so it's a 16 year early prerelease :confused::p:D
    Also, anything from 85 would probably have been from a floppy of some sort, so hardly a huge upload.