Originally OEM installed 7 x64Premium, upgraded to Pro with key from here, help

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by aldebarantech, Mar 19, 2013.

1. aldebarantech

aldebarantech MDL Novice

Mar 19, 2013
    I have a notebook that came with 7 x64 Home Premium installed and I did an anytime upgrade using a key from a list from here to Pro. Well a recent Microsoft update, most likely KB2670838 and IE10 trashed my system and I could not fix it so I did an upgrade reinstall using a PRO SP1 ISO. FYI, I had specifically hidden the updates that trashed my system because of reports of the problems with these updates but they installed anyway somehow on their own.

The problem I face now is that I cannot activate with the key used from here and the original key will not work obviously because it is from a different version. Any ideas? Are the only options to do a rearm when needed, or 7 loader, or a complete reinstall with the original key and then anytime upgrade again?

Thanks

2. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
    What is the model of the laptop??

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. aldebarantech

aldebarantech MDL Novice

Mar 19, 2013
    It is an MSI GT70. I used the MSI 7 Pro key from the "Windows-7-OEM-SLP-Key-Collection" thread.

4. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
    You need to install MSI cert as well.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. iBen95111

iBen95111 MDL Junior Member

Jun 12, 2010
    Daz's Windows 7 Loader

6. aldebarantech

aldebarantech MDL Novice

Mar 19, 2013

Sorry but I am not up to speed on what you are saying. Could you please point me to the information on what to do? I don't want you to hold my hand, I just need to know where to find the information.

Thank you for the help

7. Carlos Detweiller

Carlos Detweiller MDL Spinning Tortoise

Dec 21, 2012
  8. aldebarantech

aldebarantech MDL Novice

Mar 19, 2013
    OK,I just ran Windows 7 Loader and all is fine. Thanks for all the help!