OS repeats it's last command

Discussion in 'PC Hardware' started by Herman Munster, Jan 10, 2014.

1. Herman Munster

Herman Munster MDL Novice

Aug 18, 2011
    Hi Herman here : I've been building computers a long time (14 yrs) I just recently put a new HDD in a machine Fresh Win 7 . So have 2 drives installed go to the "D" drive and open a folder to see contents . When finished go back to the route directory and the machine reopens the last thing I was looking at. Push the back arrow and within seconds it goes back to the folder I was looking at . This is happening with no browser open just the machine running . This is also happening when browsing I'm never had this behavior before ? Brand new HDD .Almost seems like a bug :confused: in the Bios ??? Tried 2 different OSes same behavior. Could the CPU be doing this ? Since having this problem I totally wiped the HDD and will try again but maybe someone here has an answer to what I am experiencing . Thanks Herman

2. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Herman Munster

Aug 18, 2011
    Hi Tito I'm not sure you understood what I am having trouble with. I'm sure the Oses I was using were not corrupt , so not software related , I replaced the motherboard and CPU of the same manufacture Asus M2N-68 CPU dual core 4 gigs of Ram and used the same Ram that was on the other board. I'm not getting the same behavior of repeating (or repeating of the last command I entered ) So as far as I can figure maybe a Bios chip ? on it's way out or the CPU repeating calculations. The only way I will know for sure is to install that CPU on another board and see what happens. Thanks for trying to help. Was a strange symptom that I never have dealt with before . Tanks again Herman

4. LatinMcG

LatinMcG Bios Borker

Feb 27, 2011
    try a different keyboard or mouse.. i think i had same issue once.
    the wireless mouse had a bad receiver and would act somewhat normal but crashed pc.

5. Herman Munster

Aug 18, 2011
    Hi LatinMcG I did try another mouse and keyboard both wired. Actually a whole different station so I am writing this 1 off as a Motherboard issue. I will know more when I try the CPU on another Motherboard. Thanks for taking your time to answer my post . Herman ;)

6. Herman Munster

Aug 18, 2011
    Well a few days latter I got another motherboard installed the CPU and it runs solid .So to answer my own question it was the motherboard. Herman :rolleyes:

7. piercekalton

piercekalton MDL Member

Apr 2, 2010
    the motherboard was opening a folder? I don't get it.