OS repeats it's last command

Discussion in 'PC Hardware' started by Herman Munster, Jan 10, 2014.

1. Herman Munster

Herman Munster MDL Novice

Aug 18, 2011
    Hi Herman here : I've been building computers a long time (14 yrs) I just recently put a new HDD in a machine Fresh Win 7 . So have 2 drives installed go to the "D" drive and open a folder to see contents . When finished go back to the route directory and the machine reopens the last thing I was looking at. Push the back arrow and within seconds it goes back to the folder I was looking at . This is happening with no browser open just the machine running . This is also happening when browsing I'm never had this behavior before ? Brand new HDD .Almost seems like a bug :confused: in the Bios ??? Tried 2 different OSes same behavior. Could the CPU be doing this ? Since having this problem I totally wiped the HDD and will try again but maybe someone here has an answer to what I am experiencing . Thanks Herman

2. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
  3. Herman Munster

Aug 18, 2011
    Hi Tito I'm not sure you understood what I am having trouble with. I'm sure the Oses I was using were not corrupt , so not software related , I replaced the motherboard and CPU of the same manufacture Asus M2N-68 CPU dual core 4 gigs of Ram and used the same Ram that was on the other board. I'm not getting the same behavior of repeating (or repeating of the last command I entered ) So as far as I can figure maybe a Bios chip ? on it's way out or the CPU repeating calculations. The only way I will know for sure is to install that CPU on another board and see what happens. Thanks for trying to help. Was a strange symptom that I never have dealt with before . Tanks again Herman

4. LatinMcG

LatinMcG Bios Borker

Feb 27, 2011
    try a different keyboard or mouse.. i think i had same issue once.
    the wireless mouse had a bad receiver and would act somewhat normal but crashed pc.

5. Herman Munster

Aug 18, 2011
    Hi LatinMcG I did try another mouse and keyboard both wired. Actually a whole different station so I am writing this 1 off as a Motherboard issue. I will know more when I try the CPU on another Motherboard. Thanks for taking your time to answer my post . Herman ;)

6. Herman Munster

Aug 18, 2011
    Well a few days latter I got another motherboard installed the CPU and it runs solid .So to answer my own question it was the motherboard. Herman :rolleyes:

7. piercekalton

piercekalton MDL Senior Member

Apr 2, 2010
    the motherboard was opening a folder? I don't get it.