Osama bin Laden is Dead

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by TacoChuck, May 2, 2011.

1. TacoChuck

TacoChuck MDL Novice

Apr 30, 2011
    THE United States is expected to announce that Osama Bin Laden is dead.

Rumours of Osama's death were reported on Twitter before the official statement.

Shortly before 12:30am Keith Urbahn, Chief of Staff, Office of Donald Rumsfeld tweeted: "So I'm told by a reputable person they have killed Osama Bin Laden. Hot damn."

Minutes later a CBS news reporter tweeted: "House Intelligence committee aide confirms that Osama Bin Laden is dead. U.S. has the body."

President Barack Obama to address nation shortly

2. jlgager

jlgager MDL Developer

Oct 30, 2009
    A team of U.S. Navy SEALs carried out the operation in Pakistan that ended in the death of al Qaeda leader Osama bin Laden, CNN's Chris Lawrence reported. The operation lasted about 40 minutes, and the team had practiced the raid a few times.

Earlier, CNN's Nick Paton Walsh, citing a senior Pakistani intelligence official, reported that members of Pakistan's intelligence service - the ISI - were on site in Abbotabad, Pakistan, during the operation that killed bin Laden. The official said he did not know who fired the shot that actually killed Bin Laden.

Obama said he was told last August that the United States had developed a possible lead on bin Laden - intelligence on bin Laden hiding in a compound in Pakistan. Obama said he determined last week that the United States had actionable intelligence.

"Today at my direction, the United States directed a targeted operation against that compound," Obama said.

Bin Laden was killed after a firefight, and forces took custody of his body, the president said. No Americans were harmed, Obama said.

http://news.blogs.cnn.com/2011/05/02/obama-to-make-statment-tonight-subject-unknown/

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2011/05/01/national/main20058777.shtml/cbsContentWrap;cbsContent

3. Anakunda

Anakunda MDL Senior Member

Feb 6, 2010
    Anybody believed in Bin Laden yet? :D
    Old scarecrow was out of fasion, time to find a new one :)
    USA in apprehensions of possible terrorist attacks sure will have to establish a new security precautions

4. tcntad

tcntad MDL Guru

Oct 26, 2009
    Go USA!

Great work by the SEAL's!

5. Niekess

Niekess MDL Addicted

Mar 31, 2011
    Nice he's dead. But who he was? I mean he was leader of that terrorist group but of course will someone take his position.
    The one taking his position will also plan a revenge I guess. So I think its making more trouble then good.

6. Anakunda

Anakunda MDL Senior Member

Feb 6, 2010
    You really think he ever was?

7. Stannieman

Stannieman MDL Guru

Sep 4, 2009
    It's good that "the devil's son" is made harmless, but the problem is that this could potentially be dangerous.
    Like said: It's 100% sure someone will take his position, and revanche isn't excluded, revanche is even more than likely.

@ USA: be prepared, you'll hear from them

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  8. ricktendo64

ricktendo64 MDL Expert

Apr 20, 2008
    Pretty soon there will be "Deather's", people who dont believe OBL is dead...they want to see the death certificate :D

9. Stannieman

Stannieman MDL Guru

Sep 4, 2009
    #9 Stannieman, May 2, 2011
    Last edited: May 2, 2011
    I'm elvis, lol.

What will they do with his body? Bury him? Or burn it and let it disappear just like was done with hitler's?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  10. ricktendo64

ricktendo64 MDL Expert

Apr 20, 2008
    He's already been buried....Fish Food!

11. Myrrh

Myrrh MDL Expert

Nov 26, 2008
    It was pretty stupid in my opinion, when you know people will be coming up with conspiracy theories and denying that he was actually killed, to dispose of the body in that way.

They should have done a national tour of the US for a few months, put the dead body on display in the most humiliating ways possible, then feed the body parts to pigs. Then there would be no doubt that he was dead and desecrated.

12. kku

kku MDL Novice

May 3, 2011
    Glad to hear he is finally dead. There are people gathering on the streets in the town i live in waving news papers around (still) announcing his death. It's almost like its gonna become some sort of holiday

13. acyuta

acyuta MDL Expert

Mar 8, 2010
    The country in which he was finally found has now to find a replacement and fast. How else will they get so much $$$ from Uncle Sam to hunt OBL. The generals will invent another, bilk Uncle Sam, and then go to Switzerland.

14. R29k

R29k MDL GLaDOS

Feb 13, 2011
    Only problem is that Uncle Sam is going broke and wants a quick exit from the cesspool before foreclosure sets in on the flawed policies.

15. Alphawaves

Alphawaves Super Moderator/Developer
    Staff Member

Aug 11, 2008
    So good the guy is gone, but i think the repercussions of it will spur more activity :(

16. R29k

R29k MDL GLaDOS

Feb 13, 2011
    It's a very negative way to look at repercussions, that is precisely what the terrorists will want people to think.
    The bottom line is that you have one less worthless person on Earth. What I find a bit sickening is the amount of
    air time this Bin Laden thing has been getting on US media. Sure you killed him and people want to know how, but
    you are giving too much undue importance to this man. As a terrorist leader the less air time you give him the better,
    let him go on the back burner and target someone else. Take them down and put them in the waste basket of History,
    remove the importance, when you do that you remove the aura and the credibility they have with their supporters.
    Terrorism is all about propaganda and idolizing people and agendas.

17. dareckibmw

dareckibmw MDL Expert

Jun 16, 2009
    :roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::biggrin3::biggrin3::biggrin3:

BRB !

[​IMG]

18. TacoChuck

TacoChuck MDL Novice

Apr 30, 2011
    It doesn't matter what they did, there will always be non believers when the government is involved........

Simplest answer i have is that there is no way the Republican party would allow Obama to spin this story if it wasn't true!

19. Rossimac

Rossimac MDL Novice

Feb 4, 2011
    Thank god it's all over eh?

20. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    The U.S.A. government (Navy Seals) have killed Osama. They are murderers as well and in that aspect not better than the Taliban themselves. To celebrate a human's death testifies the same behavior than the Taliban's.

Osama had to be caught alive and been put before the court (Den Haag).
    Hate causes hate. Are the US Americans safer now? I guess the opposite is true.
    Have they had the the right to kill him? No!
    That is my honest opinion.

And if you want a conspiracy theory then take this one: The Navy Seals have not killed him, but taken as prisoner. They have claimed that he is dead in order to torture him far beyond from any right of a human until he is really dead.