overclock oem pc?

Discussion in 'PC Hardware' started by kyo10, Jun 29, 2014.

1. kyo10

kyo10 MDL Novice

Jun 11, 2014
    hello guys.
    Well i have an HP motherboard the model is 3048h... my problem is that i can't access to the advanced menu in bios.. so please is there any software that will allow meto oc my cpu?

My cpu sucks it's an intel quad core q9400 it's old but i think that if i oc him enough i'll be able to play most of cpu intensive games.

thanks ^^

2. Stannieman

Stannieman MDL Guru

Sep 4, 2009
    Have a look in the bios mod section. Usually these advanced menus are only disabled in oem roms but with a mod tool you can re-enable them in the rom file and than flash your modded rom.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. kyo10

kyo10 MDL Novice

Jun 11, 2014
    thanks for your answer :p
    but i didin't find what i was looking for ! i mean the modded bios for my hp compaq pro 6000, my current version is 786g2 rev 2.02 ! can you give me the link to this version?
    by the way i'm supporting belgium to in the world cup XD!!!
    [FR] allez les belges! vous pouvez le faire !

4. kyo10

kyo10 MDL Novice

Jun 11, 2014
    up please?

5. murphy78

murphy78 MDL DISM Enthusiast

Nov 18, 2012
    If you cannot find it here, you might try searching the internet for it.
    It's usually not the end of the world if you cannot overclock.
    Some games might have choppy audio in video files, but that's more of a problem with the game ports, not the pc.
    Video really has very little performance hit on a desktop pc, and 3d graphics are handled almost exclusively in the video card.

6. kyo10

kyo10 MDL Novice

Jun 11, 2014
    thanks but for fsb the problem is that i cannot find the pll of my motherboard which is hp 3048h! please can someone does me a favour and find the pll for me...(it's unreadable...) ? i'll be very grateful !

7. kyo10

kyo10 MDL Novice

Jun 11, 2014
    i give up... i think that i'll never be able to oc my cpu :/
    thanks anyway guys ...

@toastedBread i tested the solution provided by the website but it didn't help... the only solution it's to find a modded bios for 3048h motherboard :/