Overclocking an Intel Atom D425 1.80GHz Processor?

Discussion in 'PC Hardware' started by Jeroen87, Feb 6, 2011.

1. Jeroen87

Jeroen87 MDL Novice

Feb 6, 2011
    ^Topic

I have never done this before. I have 20 pieces of OEM mini laptops with this processor and I want to overclock the processor to increase the resell value.

Now I have searched the internet and found a program called SetFSB and I have messed around a bit but without any result.

I don't even know if its technically possible so I thought why not ask here? :)

I'm willing to donate 10usd (paid with paypal) for a newb friendly tutorial ;)

Some more information about the laptops:

Processor: Intel Atom D425 1.80GHz
    RAM: 1GB DDR II RAM
    HDD: 160GB

If you need more info just tell me and I will look into it :)

Any help is gladly appreciated!

2. seniorgeek1969

seniorgeek1969 MDL Junior Member

Aug 4, 2010
    I wish I could help but I will follow this thread,I was trying the same thing.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. JaguarXJ12

JaguarXJ12 Guest

#3 JaguarXJ12, Feb 7, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2017
  4. alextheg

alextheg MDL Expert

Jan 7, 2009
    #4 alextheg, Feb 7, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 7, 2011
    First mistake here is running W7 Ultimate on a machine of that specification . Starter or Home Basic would be much better suited. As for OCing an Atom CPU, I doubt you will have much luck there. Overclocking produces extra voltage and therefore extra heat. Not something accounted for when designing a netbook. The Atom CPU is designed to be a low power consumption CPU so trying to tweak its voltages, which is usually a part of Overclocking is in my opinion not going to bring good results. My advice leave them alone, unless you want netbooks full of melted silicon returned to you by angry customers. ;)

It's also worth noting that SetFSB is a Windows based overclock. Not a true overclock performed in BIOS. Renowned for being unstable. Also what happens when the customer needs to reinstall Windows, goodbye overclock. If an overclock can't be done in BIOS then simply don't do it.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. JaguarXJ12

JaguarXJ12 Guest

He should donate 10 bucks to us just for talking him out of it.

You have 20 pieces of OEM Netbooks, that alone should net you a decent sum of money already as they are.