Overclocking GPU/CPU/Mobo

Discussion in 'PC Hardware' started by MCGamer, May 18, 2010.

1. MCGamer

MCGamer MDL Junior Member

Sep 12, 2009
    #1 MCGamer, May 18, 2010
    Last edited: May 18, 2010
    So, got my first custom build all assembled today and everything is running fine. However, being a low-class build, I want it to still run better than fine. I was looking towards overclocking the GPU and CPU, and possible the RAM and Mobo. I have RivaTuner, nTune, ATiTool, and other stuff, but I don't know exactly what to use for things other than the GPU. Specs are as follows, if you were wondering, and all on air cooling.
    GPU: GeForce 9500 GT 1GB
    CPU: Athlon 6000+ X2 Dual Core @ 3.0 GHz
    Mobo: Asus M2N-E nForce 570 Ultra SLI
    RAM: 4GB OCZ memory
    Case: RaidMax Smilodon w/ 7 cooling fans throughout

GPU is stock clocked at 550/1400/400. I've tried doing small, 10 MHz increments and that seems to be working. I'll tweek it some more later, though. What I would like to do now is check out the CPU and others. Could anyone point me in the right direction as far as programs I could use, or if I would have to use the BIOS to modify the settings?
    Any help would be appreciated.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. robalm

robalm MDL Senior Member

Oct 21, 2009
    Your cpu is not a good overclocker :( maby you can get a 200mhz oc max.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Legendaryone

Legendaryone MDL Novice

Mar 11, 2010
    i can say one thing you need a new graphics card and a new CPU get a phenom 2 x4 they kick ass